Saints Vs Eagles

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Sep 14, 2009.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Garcia won't play in this game. Regardless of knowing the playbook already, too much has changed in the last two years to make it possible for him to just step in and be a better option than Kolb. He hasn't worked with many of the current receivers, so the timing and trust would not be there. If Garcia played, he'd be playing street ball.

I think the Saints defense will take care of the Eagles. The run defense has been there the last few years. So while I think Westbrook will get his, I don't think he shreds us. The key will be if the Saints offense can move the ball on the Philly D. I like our chances with Brees making the decisions back there.

To MASTERMIND, I don't see any reason to believe the offensive line won't hold up, they've been doing a good job for the last couple of years. Additionally, Brees is a quick release kind of quarterback. It's not going to be as easy to pressure him into bad decisions as it would be with most quarterbacks.

I tend to agree with islstl. I think our offense scores a couple of times early, then puts the pressure on Kolb to make plays. I think he'll make a few, but largely our defense will hold.

Saints 28, Eagles 20

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Check back with me on late Sunday, chief. :thumb:

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if kevin kolb plays the entire game, the saints will win. the secondary is much, much, MUCH improved. although brian westbrook scares me with the saints new attacking defense. if he breaks containment hes going to have a huge day. But greg williams should be scheming against that as we speak. i mean for god's sake its KEVIN KOLB! plus, hes still going to be hungover celebrating Houstons big win over a #5 okie st.

i predict reggie will have more fumbles than tds.

saints 26-23

4. islstl

Looks like Kolb Salad is starting today.

Look for Garcia to come in by mid 2nd quarter to give the team a lift.

Either way, the Saints should win this comfortably.

5. tirk

this has to happen. kolb is one of the worst qbs on a roster imo.

if the saints score early they will force the eagles hand. if the great phili d holds the saints in check, they can have ya tittle running the offense.

this could be a low scoring game which is what the eagles want. or westbrook could go off.

6. islstl

I just don't see anyone stopping the Saints offense. Maybe slow it down to an extent, but that's about all.

If Mike Bell is the real deal (and I believe he is) and couple that with depth of Pierre Thomas and using Bush in a reasonable and effective fashion, the sky is the limit for this offense.

I projected them to average 35 ppg and I am sticking to that claim.

7. tirk

if they score 35 today they will average 40 on the season. and they might be super bowl bound.

8. tirk

its official at least:

Eagles QB Donovan McNabb out Sunday vs. Saints (cracked rib); QB Kevin Kolb will start

Saints RB Pierre Thomas (knee) will play Sunday vs. Eagles; RB Mike Bell will get start

Designated Fumbler/RB/Slot Guy Reggie Bush will hold a clipboard Sunday vs. Eagles.

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

3 plays
    3 passes
    3 completions
    3 first downs
    3 to the TEs

NICE START!

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Saints march 74 yards for a TD to start. WOW!!!