Saints vs. Eagles

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by qball316, Jan 7, 2007.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I cant even imagine how crazy the Dome will be. If Saints get up early, it could get ugly...and this is a non Saints fan that can't believe he is saying this about a Saints team. :)

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

There's the game in a nutshell. Saints get up 10-0 or 14-0 and this thing will be over before it gets started. Saints come out the gates slow and this game could be competitive for 4 quarters.

I say the fans end up being MVP of the game, giving Garcia fits all game long.

3. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I think the best part about it is that the game is at night, giving fans all day to tailgate and drink in the Quarter. It's going to be very loud.

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

The Eagles will be exposed v. the Saints. The Saints have too many weapons on offense, and enough playmakers in the front 4 to disrupt Garcia. I don't think this game will be close.

And I think the homefield advantage is good for at least 13 points in this game. Seriously.

And as almost all of you know, I'm not exactly a big Saints fan (though I'm among their most fervent followers for reasons I'll never understand.)

5. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I also forgot Hollis Thomas is back! And from what I hear, he kept up is conditioning extremely well while he was suspended.

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Yea, the main concern has to be whether he'll have the same blinding Merriman-like speed without being on those powerful asthma drugs!! :rofl:

In all seriousness, this really does force Westbrook outside more. Thomas is a great stuffer.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Garcia's magical run ends. For all the weeks he's played over his head, and done so against tougher defenses than the Saints, I just feel that he will unexpectedly have a poor game against a weaker defense than the NYG.

On the other side of the ball, Philly has come on strong and their defense is stout, but I feel that Brees keeps things rolling to score enough points while our defense does just enough to force a couple of turnovers from Garcia.

Saints 20
    Eagles 14

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

phili's defensive strength is the interior which is why they could afford to lose thomas. Their weakness is on the outside because trotter and dhani arent exactly speed merchants. Bush could have a great day once lito's backup is exposed. huge loss for the birds considering dennis the menace is scheming as we speak.

should be a high scoring game. if the d plays similar to how it did vs vick and contain mr happy feet garcia, then the saints should win. if not its gonna be a shootout.

the fact the saints didnt allow a sack against phili in round one is pretty amazing considering the revamping of th oline and the fact jj blitzed almost every play.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Defenses he has faced in this run:

NFL Ranking
    Carolina #7
    Washington #31
    NY Giants #25
    Dallas #13
    Atlanta #22
    NY Giants #25

They have averaged just under 26 points per game in this stretch. We may be giving Garcia and this offense a tad too much credit. They are not an offensive juggernaut by any means. If anything the resurgence of their defense is what saved this team.

That being said, they face the #11 defense in the NFL this Saturday night. The Saints in the last 6 games of the regular season has been one of the top 5 in all of football. They actually became better after the loss of Hollis Thomas, banding together as a unit and redoubling their efforts. Add Thomas to the mix and the middle of the field is quite crowded with obstruction.

Bring on the Eagles offense. The Saints D will be up to the task in that deafening Superdome.

10. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Hmm, a Saturday 7pm kickoff sounds famillier

"Ladies and Gentlemen, its Saturday night in Death, er, The Superdome!"