Saints vs Dolphins

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Oct 18, 2009.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The Saints have won games many different ways this year. Now they go and win one with the defense doing the critical scoring in a come from behind victory. What a game !!!!

I have to ask this....Did anyone truly give up on the Saints in the first half ???

(besides me) I hate to admit it ... but i really did. :insane:.

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Give up? Not really. I did say at the point it was 17-3 and Miami had the ball that I think the Dolphins will probably win this game to my friend I watched the game with. But I also told him we have the offense to come back, but I'm still waiting for that sign that they can do it today. After the touchdown at the end of the half, I believed we would come back.

The only other moment of doubts I had were when I believed Sharper fumbled the interception return, and after we had to settle for 3 on the drive that put us up 40-34. I didn't like them having the ball with one big play giving them the lead back.

3. BassMan

BassMan Freshman

I predict a come from behind Saints victory. Final score will be:

Saints...................46

Dolphins................34

4. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

i went to the game and it was awesome...I had a lot of fun and there were a lot of saints fans...When the Dolphins went up 24-3, a guy sitting next to me started talking smack and I said to thim that the saints were gonna come back...He said back to me, you're right, with that offense they're not out of the game.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I did realize that there was a lot of game left, but until they scored that TD before half, I thought we were gonna lose with the way the dolphins were playing defense and moving the ball by running. We figured out how to stop their running game and They couldn't keep up the intensity on D.

What a turnaround! This is the year we've all been waiting for.

6. TRUE2LSU

TRUE2LSU Founding Member

My wife and I reserved a hotel room on Bourbon Street today for the weekend of the Superbowl.Feb.7th. I am gonna be in New Orleans for the Superbowl if the Saints go.I can not afford Superbowl tickets or a trip to Miami, but I figure if the Saints win the Superbowl then New Orleans is gonna be party central that night ,especially with Mardi Gras going on to !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saintslogo

1 person likes this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

It's in the Pro Sports forum:wink:

Glad I did not have to make the trip down, but my son is upset he is not going to WDW. Told him that we have a trip planned in January, though:grin:

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Kinda disappointed you doubted the defense at this point in the game after they were pretty much lights out from the middle of the 2nd quarter on (other than that fluke 70 yard pass to Hartline, I believe the Dolphins had about 50 yards of offense from mid 2nd quarter until the last fruitless drive by the Dolphins when the score was out of reach).

I do understand your point though, but you still have that old Saints losing mentality. I know it's hard to shake, but this team is different.

I definitely doubted it at 24-3 with Miami possibly adding 3 more just before halftime. I turned to my friend after that fumble by Miami and said, if we get this to 24-10 we're coming back.

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Well, it wasn't that I didn't think our defense could or would stop the Dolphins. It's just that when you have a chance to put a game 100% away (like we would have with a touchdown), it's uncomfortable to be in a situation where one broken play suddenly puts you down. It doesn't matter if it's the 2009 Saints, or the 2003 LSU Tigers. I can't think of a better example than the Capital One Bowl against Iowa. Who would have thought THAT defense would give up that touchdown?

Pretty much what I thought as well. I had no doubt we'd score lots of points. I did think the clock might run out on us if Miami played a half like they did against the Colts.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yes, great point in bringing up the Iowa game. Great defensive performance in the 2nd half by the Tigers only to let it be ruined by 1 stupid unforgivable play.

And yes why didn't the Dolphins try to control the clock in that 2nd half vs putting their fate in Henne's hands. I am just glad the coach made that decision.