Saints vs Colts thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Dec 16, 2019.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

96-14. That's the combined score of the last 2 games against the Colts in the Dome.

2. fanatic

I don't really mind Zach that much, plus he's still learning. But there's something about Deuce that just annoys the fuck out of me. Can't really put my finger on it. May be his monotone delivery or his negativity at times. What about you?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I like Deuce. Not as much as Hokie but I'm used to him.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That says it pretty well.

5. mctiger

I don't know how PR is calculated, but yardage is a big factor. Watching Brees' stats last night, his PR consistently would drop after completing short passes. I know the only perfect game of his career was the MNF win over New England in the Super Bowl year. He was 18 of 23 with 5 TDs that night, but for 371 yards, better than 20 ypc.

6. fanatic

Seems like touchdowns would be the biggest factor, but even so, 10 yards per completion is not that bad. It's still ridiculous that it wasn't a perfect passer rating.

mctiger likes this.
  7. mctiger

I agree. What's surprising is, I was following the stats in real time on espn.com. ESPN has come up with its own version of the passer rating, based on a 100-point system, that they claim makes more sense. But they use the traditional number in their online stats.

8. mctiger

On First Take, the question, is Brees better than Manning? Max and Marcus say no, but as usual, their argument centers around number of MVP's, number of All Pro selections, etc. When will someone ever point out, all of those honors are based on opinion! Stating an opinion, and using previous opinions to support your opinion, is just weak. How do you argue for Manning's MVP in 2009 when Brees beat him head to head in the Super Bowl? How do you argue for Manning having 2 rings to Brees' 1 without acknowledging that Manning was a shell of his old self for the 2nd, and that ring was because of Denver's defense? BTW, Stephen A was making these arguments. Bottom line, no QB in history has ever done more with less support. And oh, here's one Stephen A. didn't say. Manning did what he did mostly by throwing to two of the best WR's and one of the best TE's in history. Brees never had the support of a Pro Bowl receiver, tight end, or running back until #cantguardmike came along.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Jimmy Graham never made a Pro Bowl?

10. mctiger

Sorry; running back or receiver