Saints vs Bucs

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Dec 13, 2015.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

pats arent great in the draft. belichick just trades down and gets 10 choices. hits on one of 10. so hes smart but knows its a crapshoot.

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Losing isn't worth a few draft spots if you can't draft. Win, then do a good job evaluating.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree I'll always take the win, but teams would always trade down and never trade up if draft order meant nothing. The reason draft order sometimes appears to have diminished impact is because some teams know how to draft while others are clueless.

4. TwistedTiger

Of course it's a crap shoot to a point, but would you rather be shooting in the first 10 or last 10 given one pick? Everyone knows what Belichick does, but most aren't that smart. Hell even after watching him do it year after year most teams still think they have a better way. They don't, but they think they do. Case in point, who do you think Payton trades up for this year?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

im simply saying it doesnt really matter because everyone sucks in the draft. the only way to hit is to get more picks to improve your odds. like that smart guy.

and no everyone doesnt know things. we are educating them. and hopefully payton is reading.

6. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Have you seen the Saints first picks the last 10 years?

7. TwistedTiger

That's not because there wasn't talent there to be had, it's because there was no talent picking them.

8. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Exactly.

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

You trade up with a specific player in mind. Those decisions pan out on draft day. Not months before. To quote Herm Edwards, "you play to win the game." I'd rather pick at the bottom of the draft bc that means you won a lot of games the year before. Football is the ultimate team sport. I kinda get why b-ball teams tank, but not football. Unless there is an Elway, Luck, Manning waiting for the 1st overall pick and you have 1 game to play and winning means not getting the #1, basically a sure thing, I'm not for losing on purpose. Plus, you lose opportunities to evaluate the front-line guys you have on the roster now by playing backups if that is your strategy. It just makes no sense to me on almost every level.

10. TwistedTiger

Who said anything about tanking or wanting to lose? Where did you get that from?