Saints vs Bucs playoff thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Jan 13, 2021.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I guess he made a business decision. insofar as his politics are concerned, I don’t care.... I’m sure I could examine most anyone and find something not to like so I choose not to when it comes to sports.... situational ethics, I know, but it is what it is.... I’m going to enjoy the sports I enjoy even if I have to work at it....

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If I let politics dictate which ssports I watch there would be nothing wrong left but NASCAR

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I can only judge Drew by what I see on TV. He just turned 42 & it appears to me as though Father Time has caught up with him. He no longer has the zip on the ball that it takes to be a championship QB. No questioning his guts. He's as tough as nails. Time to hang up the pads & enjoy the retired life.

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Maybe but maybe not too. It’s probable that the 11 cracked ribs and punctured lung have a lot to do with it too. It’s no bum who picked him off. That’s Devin White. He’s one of the best in the um anywhere. He’s that good. Another int bounced off Cook. Not a bad pass.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Brittany Brees tweeted today that in addition to the ribs and lung, Drew played this year with rotator cuff and foot injuries

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

you see, if I knew that I would not have fallen into the repetitive loop of Black and Gold to the Superbowl, Choppa Style, Who Dat, amping myself up pre game. I would have just sat back and say if the win, they win.

I don't look forward to Drew saying he is coming back. Michael Thomas was not wrong when he tweeted you don't get open if your QB can't throw downfield.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Its really a shame, but we should have seen it coming. We all wanted to think Brees would know when the time was right to retire, but he's so competitive and loves playing so much that he has outplayed his usefulness. And considering their relationship, I'm not really sure I trust Payton to tell him straight up that its time to go, or sit him down in favor of a younger option if he won't retire.

Rolan likes this.
  8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Why throw your QB under the bus just to argue with a rival on another team, though? Brees had a huge part in the $100 million MT is making. MT seems more like a head case every day. Time to grow up and shut up with the petty arguments with DBs and support your TEAMMATES and not ONLY YOURSELF. We’ll really see how good MT is after Brees retires. Maybe that’ll give him some perspective and appreciation enough to not demean a teammate because you can’t handle criticism.

9. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I mean they were saying it during the broadcast of the game. I don't think it was some secret that CGM was letting out, was just weird hearing it from a player. But the season is over and the cat is out of the bag.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

starting out on a down note....

New Orleans Saints
    [​IMG]
    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

·
    1h
    Sources: #Saints star WR Michael Thomas is expected to miss the start of the 2021 season after undergoing surgery to repair the ligaments in his ankle in June. Based on the timing of the surgery – and recommended 4 months of recovery – Thomas could be on the sideline for weeks.