Saints vs Bucs playoff thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You can't blame the WRs if the QB can't get them the ball. The only pass attempted over 20 years was by Crablegs on the trick play. Brees should have still been on the PUP list. He is no longer the Drew Brees of the last 14 years

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree with most of that, but our receivers also couldn't get any separation. They were manhandled at the LoS and it threw off the timing.

3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

What, by getting/forcing turnovers and lots of injuries for the opposition? No disrespect, just wanting you to explain to me if possible.

Regarding the game- It still hurts after 2 days. How bad playoff losses hurt and for how long had been trending in the right direction for me, but this one hurts way more because of the Brees factor. It’s been so great to be relevant again and it could be gone for a while. I am very patient on a fan level but more than 3 or 4 years is fair in average cases, but some teams like Buffalo, Browns, Bengals go for almost 20 years without success or even making the playoffs or actually winning a playoff. Those teams would love to win 7 or 8 games. Let us all pray that we bounce back like we’re made of rubber. Who Dat now and forever!!

fanatic likes this.
  4. fanatic

None here either. I'm just not sure what you want me to explain. I thought I had already, but I'll try. Besides the miscommunication to Kamara, I think the picks were the results Brees having to force things because of tight coverage and no separation. It's already been reported that Thomas needs deltoid surgery, so injuries have been his problem. I thought Sanders played his worst game at the worst time. With no vertical passing game, Tampa played an extra safety and took away everything underneath and were able to control the running game with their front 7. I also thought having to settle for 6 instead of 14 or even 10 with great field position on the first 2 drives hurt too. The penalty on the PR was ticky tack bullshit, but other than that, I don't think the officials were a factor. All that said, I agree that Cook's fumble was a killer. It was a huge momentum shift that we never recovered from.

5. ehusson80

That explains it much better.

Was it just me or was it the Detroit and 2nd Tampa game as the only times he really looked like Drew Brees? 1 we were way up and 1 we were down early by 2 scores. I’m trying to understand why Drew/Payton were good there so much more than the rest of the year?

6. fanatic

I don't think Drew as 100% either. It usually takes a lot longer to recover from cracked ribs. May be another reason the intermediate passing game was MIA.

ehusson80 and kcal like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Still, Saints turnovers gave the Bucs 21 points

8. ehusson80

Both games were pre-injury, so it fits. It’s just that next year is a whole year away and I wonder if it’s enough to get even 1 oldschool Brees game. We didn’t try to go deep. Tough situation for Payton to manage. Drew’s pending retirement was another factor to complicate things. I’m no Brady hater but Tampa winning one would be bad. We don’t want division opponents winning. Period.

fanatic likes this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

at this point am hoping for a super bowl repeat: GB vs KC with the chiefs winning....

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

So, if I am reading these comments right, none of you care that Drew has no moral backbone?