Saints v.s. Raiders Postgame

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by jrfayard, Aug 30, 2009.

1. jrfayard

jrfayard jrfayard

How bout the black and gold?.... I mean it may be preseason but off the top of my head I havent seen a beatin like that since i put a bannana in my pants and let a monkey loose! With games like that its hard not to be optimistic about this season. The offense looks unstopable and the D looks tougher than a $2.00 steak. Geaux Saints!

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

only problem with all of that is that it took place against a very bad Oakland team. agree with you though, it was a beating nonetheless, and definitely gives cause for optimism. personally, i have had optimism for 35 years, and just want to enjoy seeing optimism turn into reality and see the Saints develop into truly the best team in the NFL.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I think that the Saints Offense will be even more potent than it was last year and if what Solomom Wilcotts said is true (that the Saints have a top 10 defense) then I love the Saints to win the division, the conference and possibly the whole thing. Greg Williams' teaching of creating turnovers seems to work. When Roman Harper stripped the ball from JaMarcus, you could tell that he and the defense had a swagger to them that wasn't present last season. I think Greg Williams and this Saints defense may be the real deal.

#1 offense in the leage. Top 10 defense. If that isn't a recipe for a trip to the Super Bowl then I really don't know what is.

I know that I always say "this is the year", but now I sincerely think this is it. This is our year.Saintslogo

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Gotta love the strip on the receiver late in the first half or early in the second half where the receiver made the catch and wasn't touched down. Love the way we ripped the ball out at that point. They just seem to be gunning for the football at all times. This defense can afford to give up a few scores if they give the offense free possessions.

On the flip side, it looked like the Raiders just quit. That was completely embarrassing.

5. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

It almost brought a tear to my eye. Gonna be a fun year. At least I'll have a reason to watch the Superbowl this year. Saintslogo:popcorn:

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Barring injuries, the Saints are definitely going to challenge to make it to the Super Bowl.

Philly and the Giants are going to be tough to get by.

If we have a top 10 defense that is near the top of the league in turnovers, the Saints will win it all.

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I can't remember the last time I've been so eager to see a Saints season kick off. I'm really curious to see what kind of blitzes Williams will cook up once the gloves are off.

Given the influx of talent the defense has gotten from people coming off of injury and people added in the offseason, along with the ballhawking mentality they've shown so far, I'm becoming optimistic we're looking at a Top 15 unit. That's all this team needs to put together a deep run into the playoffs.

If this defense can truly gel late in the year and become a top 10 unit, there's no reason we can't reach the Super Bowl. This is going to be fun to watch, one way or the other.

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I agree with all of you, but again, I am ready for optimism and pre-season expectations to turn into reality and translate to success on the field, esp. in the playoffs. As long as we stay healthy at QB, I don't see why it won't with this present team and coaching staff.

9. Bayou Bengal 72

Bayou Bengal 72 Founding Member

If the defense is as good as it looked at Oakland then this will bea Saints season to remember. And maybe the NFC Championship will have to come to the Superdome!