Saints' Sean Payton glad Orgeron is gone.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Jan 1, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

where do you think this team would have been without drew brees?

2. LaSalleAve

and yet still did not make the playoffs. but i guess mediocrity is a step up for saints fans.

3. sawyerc

sawyerc Freshman

There are two major reasons the Saints did not make the playoffs and neither one of them is Sean Payton.

1. Injuries - yes every tema has them. The Saints had way way more than their share.
    2. Martin Grammatica

4. LaSalleAve

who hired martin gramattica? i guess when all else fails blame the kicker.

5. sawyerc

sawyerc Freshman

If you want to take the approach that ultimately everything that happens is the head coaches fault, then you're right Sean Payton is the problem and should be fired. That just simply isn't reality.

6. gotboost?

gotboost? Founding Member

well he cost 2 games for sure ... not sure he is just a fall guy

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

If the Saints finish next season like this season Payton will be looking for a new job!

8. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Let me correct you on this my friend.

1. No defense
    2. Saints could not run the ball.

The two games that everyone refers to the Saints losing because of Grammatica were actually due to the Saints inept running game.

MG didn't miss game winning FG as time expired. He missed them with over 2 minutes remaining because the Saints could not run out the clock. Same thing happened in week 1 against Tampa. We couldn't run the clock out due to no running game and Tampa had a chance to win. Luckily Garcia threw a pick right to Fujita or we lose that game too.

It amazes me how people forget why Payton had success in his first season. HE RAN THE PHUCKING BALL.

Again, look at the phucking Philly playoff game. Saints have the ball with 8 minutes left and they run the clock out and don't give Philly a chance to score. And what makes that even more amazing, the Saints didn't even score on that drive.

But hey, let's throw the phucking ball 40-50 times a game and not make the playoffs. If you're happy with that, then enjoy!

9. sawyerc

sawyerc Freshman

Ok, let me correct you, "My Friend" The lack of defense has been addressed with reason #1 INJURIES. The Saints had 5 defensive starters go on the IR in the 1st half of the season. That included the 2 starting CBs. They had two more CBs go down as well.

Correction #2 tThe 2 Martin Grammatica misses's were at 1:55 and 2:00.

You can lay this on Sean Payton if you want but all that does is show your ignorance.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Drafting a WR in April 2007 when you needed defensive help cost the Saints this year as well. A quality second year LB, S, or CB with that selection may have been the difference the Saints needed in winning several close games such as Denver, Minnesota, Washington, Tampa, Chicago, and Carolina.

Win / Loss - Point Margain

W-4
    L-5
    L-2
    W-14
    L-3
    W-31
    L-23
    W-5
    L-14
    W-10
    W-22