Saints' Sean Payton glad Orgeron is gone.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Jan 1, 2009.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I would take DiNardo before Fat Fulmer.

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

It's been said that Shanahan's success was due to having Elway. I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with that school of thought, but I can tell you he didn't do much of anything before and since having Elway. So my question to you is, what makes Shanahan so appealing to you?

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Payton is an intelligent man, he'll address those areas. If he doesn't within the next couple of years, I will no longer defend him.

No harm, no foul on the idiot comment.

4. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I think what hurt MS was that he was also the GM as well as the coach. To my knowledge, coaches that wear both hats don't have much success.

I think Shanahan needs to get a coaching gig only to prove he is a good coach. But i don't want the Saints to be the guinea pig.

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I'm not going to read all 7 pages because I don't really care about the Saints, but I read a few posts where it was mentioned that some of you aren't happy with Payton? Jeez ppl. I'm not a Saints fan because they've always been the most boring thing I've ever seen, but at least Payton and Brees kinda make the Saints fun to watch. I usually grab a beer while they're on defense, but their offense is fun to watch. But, whatever, the NFL is still borrrrrrrrrring.

6. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Still better than baseball. :hihi:

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Shanahan won when Elway was past his prime. He also won when he wasnt controlling all of the football operations, and he also did it with a great Denver defense, and a strong running game. Since Elway left he has been trying to replace a leader, they have always been a run first offense, and when he got a solid quarterback in Cutler, if not for losing 6 or 7 running backs to injury Denver would have been in the playoffs with one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Mike Shanahan has mentored some of the best quarterbacks the NFL has ever seen, and i just think that Brees would be that much better under Shanahan. I could be wrong about Payton, its just my opinion that the Saints have gotten about as far as they are going to get under him, and whats the best thats out there as far as coaches. Cowher, Holmgren, Shanahan, Mangini, Dennis Green. I just wish the Saints would have jumped on it, because Shanahan will end up being the coach of the Cowboys next season.

8. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

and way better than tennis or basketball. :geaux:

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

You guys are just yanking my chains, I know how you guys truly feel. :tigbas::bball:

10. sawyerc

sawyerc Freshman

So without running back injuries Denver would have been in the plyoffs. Well, without defensive injuries, the Saints would be in the playoffs. Mike Shanahan would make Drew Brees better? You do realize that Drew Brees just had one of the most productive seasons ever?