Saints @ Seahawks THE BATTLE IN SEATTLE **PLAYOFFS**

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 2, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It just sucks the Saints lost to Pete Carrol, I don't mind the Seahawks.

however, Saints fans who are also LSU fans, your post season isn't over because LSU NFL Midwest is yet to play. Geaux Cheifs!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

I just hope The Seahawks embarrass Atlanta, it would make my year almost as much as winning the Superbowl again would have.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree.

This was no fluke.

They took it to us and wanted it more. That's a sad statement for the Saints.

I do think they underestimated their opponent on the offensive side of the ball.

Definitely the worst job GW has done in any one game since coming to the Saints.

4. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Sharper probably retired, Harper, Devery, Shanle,Reggie gone maybe and may have a whole remade back field except for Lynell and Ivory and probably will draft a runningback as well. They need to improve the OLBs, add to the Dline,Find a Strong Safety, also have to make a decision on Scary ass Meachem Definitely wouldnt mind adding some talent to the WR

1 person likes this.
  5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Sharper hardly played this year. Not much wear and tear on his body. We're a serious SB contender. I don't think this team will get blown up and dismantled as you're suggesting. I would be willing to put money on the fact that Sharper will NOT retire.

6. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Im not saying they will blow the team up but it's R.Meach and Lance Moore's contract year, Devery too think he was only guaranteed a year and the reason why I said Sharper was because they barely wanted to give him a contract this year.

7. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

I saw about eleven people on defense I'd get rid of on one play. That was pathetic. Of course I'm exaggerating, but come on. These guys took the day off when they should have been playing football.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I can't see the roster getting blown up to this degree. But, Devery and Shanle could be expendable, and Reggie is likely gone as well unless he takes a huge pay cut. Once they get Drew taken care of contractually, they need to take care of Lance Moore, and I suspect PT will get some money. This season demonstrated, if nothing else, the importance of stability at running back, and I'm not as sold on the idea of them letting PT walk as I was before the season. Looking for us to try and upgrade at offensive tackle and linebacker, first and foremost.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think we all knew we weren't going to 2Dat. Better just to get it out of the way now then prolong the agony.

We've got a good core of young players, especially on defense. I think Devery, Reggie, and Shockey are gone, plus Sharper. We'll retool, get rid of the dead weight, sign some free agents with money saved from Reggie's salary, and make a serious run next year.

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

What do we draft in the 1st round? If we go RB, I wonder if we take a hard look at someone like Ingram in the 1st round (he's projected to go around 24th in the 1st which is just about where we'd be) . Not sure we'd go RB in 1st though. Would they look at Ridley in later rounds? We have quite a few other needs (lb, ol, wr,dl). Draft should be interesting.