Saints Free Agency Priority

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 17, 2009.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Re: Free Agency-Saints Priority

Saints need to bring in K.Moreno to make the Eagles nervous and wanna trade with us...get their 21st and 2nd or 3rd if they got one. Just some last minute wishing.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

They have a ton of picks. They just traded one of their 1st round picks and their 4th for OL Jason Peters.

They have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pick still. 4 5th Rounders, 2 6 rounders, and a 7th

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I'm hoping the Saints get some takers to trade down in the bottom of the 1st top recoup some picks. James Laurinitis is a nice consolation prize. If they get stuck with #14, then grab Michael Jenkins and then laugh all the way home. Win-win, baby.

4. pjnchamps

Please No James Laurinitis definitely no

5. pjnchamps

Would make them good trade partners, they could have Lance Moore for their 2nd Round...or Lance Moore for Sheldon Brown...our 14th pick for their 21st and 2/3. Knowing the Saints I will be just wishing.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That would be Malcolm Jenkins, but I get your point. Don't want Laurinitis; his daddy the Road Warrior is supposed to be a major butt-in-ski. And I'd rather have Moreno than Wells if it comes down to a RB. But to me, the ideal situation would be to trade down far enough to get a second rounder out of the deal, and still get Jenkins. Even more ideal would be for Curry to fall to number 14, but I think pipe dreams are reserved for another forum.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Mike Casserly on NFL network says he doesn't know how far down Curry may fall. It could be all the way to 14.

That would get interesting quick for the Saints and their fans.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I haven't had time to keep up with the draft talk. Why does he say Curry is falling?

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Why the negative responses towards Laurinitis? He's possibly the most can't miss LBer pick this side of AJ Hawk. He's not glamorous, but he'll be starting somewhere for the next 10 years and most likely will have played all three positions before his career is done.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I disagree, I do not see him as a guarantee to be successful in the NFL. Teams are worried as to where he will fit. At MLB they worry that he might have problems shedding blocks from the OL and at SLB the speed and cover skills.

There is a rush right now to find tweeners like we are trying to do with Coleman and many NFL teams don't see him as a guy with that ability at this point.

Not saying his is going to be a bust but he needs to be picked by a team with a defense he can succeed in.