Saints at Patriots

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 8, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

wow, I didn't realize it was that bad

So, they have 1 last play from the 27 yard line.

Game over.

2. islstl

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I haven't seen such a blatant non-call since Glenn Dorsey was chop blocked by Jizz Ramsey and the back judge was looking right at it. I'm telling you - the NFL has a vested interest in ensuring the Saints not win the Super Bowl. We win that game, we're 6-0 and in the early driver's seat for home field advantage; which we'll need if we want to advance to Super Bowl.

bayareatiger likes this.
  4. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Still shocked about the game last night! It should have been offsetting penalties, no way the CB should have let him by. I know he has help on top. But I rather give them another play than the game. I am telling my guys hold unless you are sure you can make a play on the ball. So close to 6-0.

I also put the game on the O for not being able to get a first down late!

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

As I previously mentioned, the loss sucked and the refs were only one of the reasons we lost, but if there are any silver linings, it's that we played like shit and still should've won the game, plus the running game showed signs of life; except when we needed it to run out the clock.

Still, if you had told me at the beginning of the year that we'd be 5-1 and in first place in the division at the bye, every single Saints fan would have been happy with this. It's just 1 regular season game against an AFC team, so hopefully this isn't the loss that keeps us from home field or worse, not even making the playoffs.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

They screwed that up after the first down play of the Pats 4 and out sequence. The refs actually did us a favor on that play; the one where Brady one-hopped a ball to the guy in the flats and they gave him the catch. An incompletion would have stopped the clock. Anyway, FOX thought they called time out after that play.

7. ragincajun1987

ragincajun1987 Founding Member

One other benefit is the team now knows that it's not invincible, and they cannot just show up and expect to win a game. They have to perform their best every play of every game.

That's exactlly how I feel. I think a team with a 12-4 or 13-3 record will get the home field advantage in the playoffs. With this loss being against an AFC team, it helps in a tie breaker scenario. Also, think about this. In Super Bowl rematches, the team that lost the regular season game usually wins the Super Bowl. Anyone for a Saints/Pats rematch???! ;)

8. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

I agree. In fact, 5-1 is pretty much on the high side of where I thought the Saints would be right now. I saw losses to Atlanta and Chicago as definite possibilities coming into the season

I also agree that there were many positives to be taken from the game, not the least of which was the emergence of some semblance of a running game and that DB still managed to throw a TD even though JG and MC were effectively taken out of the game.

And the defense played well, but good lord, did the spirit of Chief against Alabama last year sneak into Coordinator Longhair? I get trying to force the ball into the middle because the Pats didn't have any timeouts. I get that Brady (as much as I hate Tom Tantrum, he's a gamer) could have blown you up on a hot route. I get that you didn't have to worry much about field position, only about keeping them out of the end zone. But c'mon man! Under a minute to go? Send six rushers at least once. Move him off his spot. Man up on the corners and bump them off their routes. DO SOMETHING! Which is what I was yelling at the tv yesterday.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Hey how can I grab that holding picture and tweet it? I'm discussing the play on Twitter with Stephen A. Smith right now.

10. islstl