Saints at Patriots

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 8, 2013.

1. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I watched that replay over and over and there is absolutely no way the head linesman didn't see them come into the neutral zone before Evens came out of his stance. I think that was designed to draw them off. Horrible call.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Tony Dungy commented on the very last defensive setup and stated he could not understand why we were protecting the endzone in this manner, with single coverage and no help over the top.

I agree, what the fuck was Bush's responsibility on that play? Did he miss his doubling over the top? He just stayed right there at the endzone line covering absolutely no one.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Then Fox showed an inaccurate graphic because I thought they only had 2 timeouts left when the Saints got the ball after the turnover on downs and the Pats used them both on 1st and 2nd downs. So when we got the ball back after the interception, they should not have had any left (according to the graphic). At any rate, the Saints did run the ball better today, but couldn't do it when they needed it to close out the game. If there's a silver lining in this, it's that we played like absolute dogshit and cudda/shudda/wudda won the game. I hope they use the bye to heal, self scout, and draw up some new plays.

4. fanatic

I hate it too, but not when there's a legitimate complaint. When teams are as evenly matched as they are in the NFL, then any little thing could make the difference in winning and losing. We played like garbage and still almost won had it not been for poor coaching and officiating. No team can overcome both.

5. fanatic

I'm telling you, it's an NFL conspiracy. They may be ok with us making the playoffs, but they don't want us having home field advantage and they certainly don't want us in the Super Bowl. I'm not usually a conspiracy theory wing nut, but I am in this case. Mark my words, it won't be the only time we get the short end of calls; especially if we keep winning.

Same here. Playoff was worse though because it cost us another Lombardi (we would have smoked the Giants in N.O. and beaten the Pats in the SB), but I'm still not over losing to NE like that.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The key plays in my opinion, calling a pass on third down, and number 28 pushing the dude out of bounds. Graham also dropped a sure touchdown on a ball Brees dropped in his mitts, but that may have been the same drive Stills caught that TD on, can't remember exactly. I'm also trying to figure out why the Saints abandoned the screen to Pierre Thomas, they are money virtually every time.

And I'm also not sure why this game is even played anymore, that Malcolm Jenkins hit was a damn fine play.

fanatic likes this.
  7. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

The Jenkins hit was almost textbook. Their helmets did touch in the course of the play. But he didn't lead with his head (shoulder) and he didn't hit him in the head (shoulder). Their gelmets grazed each other a little but would categorize it as "incidental contact". I'm sure the league won't agree and he will be fined.

fanatic likes this.
  8. ragincajun1987

ragincajun1987 Founding Member

w5gnPip.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words!!!!!!! :mad:

KyleK, titoabad1 and fanatic like this.
  9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

i still dont want to talk about this.

fanatic and bayareatiger like this.
  10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Was in a sports bar out here and had to listen to the Pats fans all day. Glad my I had already settled up because I stormed outta there with that finish. That hurt.

fanatic likes this.