Saints at Giants

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by fanatic, Sep 18, 2016.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

More like Giant snooze fest. Last year's game was the most exciting all year with Brees throwing 7 TDs. Different year, different story. Other than the TD to Snead, Brees is not willing to or is unable to take any chances down field. He's only averaging 5 yards per attempt. I pretty sure it's because Cooks is being double teamed and no one else can get separation.

Banged up D is playing pretty well; especially against the run. Big time goal line stand after Giants had first and goal at the one and they've forced and recovered a fumble. Hope they hold up the rest of the game, but I probably just put the kiss of death on them.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  2. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

S. O. S. (Same old saints)

Only the saints would win the turnover battle (3-0) and not give up an offensive TD but still lose the game.

For christ's sake fire fucking Payton and Loomis. They both are complete idiots.

fanatic likes this.
  3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

That hurt my soul.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Pretty sure I was watching a jim mora replay. Defense looked fundamentally sound while the offense looked like Bobby Hebert was behind center. What the hell happened.

Poor Crawley was in crazy good position again and Cruz comes away with it. That guy deserves a break. That's tough much less 2 weeks straight deciding the game in a loss.

fanatic likes this.
  5. fanatic

There's been Carl Smith sighting on the Saints sideline. He's the one with the mullet perm

No doubt. He couldn't have played either any better. Offense and defense are out of sync, but special teams was the difference. 2nd week in a row that Lutz has had a kick blocked. He just got lucky last week that they were inside the 10 and the kick was good despite OAK tipping it at the LOS.

Next up, ATL on Monday night. Hopefully we can put a complete game together then since it's a prime time game against our most hated rival. I don't care how good or bad they play as long as we score at least one more pt than them.

6. fanatic

As decimated with injuries as the defense is, they were incredible today. Goal line stand, turnovers, etc. If you would have told me before the game that the D would not give up any TDs and the Giants would only score 16pts, I would have bet the house that the Saints would have won. That's why you never bet on or against them.

**EDIT**: I didn't know Kelvin Sheppard signed with the Giants.

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I thought they would get rolled today. They could very easily be 2-0

8. fanatic

On the bright side, Craig Roberston had a monster game. He was the leading tackler for the 2nd week in a row. This week 13 tackles, 10 solo, 2 TFLs. Hope we continue to get that kind of production from him. If so, Ellerble will either be released or moved to MLB and release Laurinaitis, which I would prefer. He has got to be the worst MLB in the league. He only had ONE tackle today; to go with the 3 he had last week. A MLB with only one tackle in a game is hard to imagine. Terrible performance.