Saints at 2-2

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Oct 1, 2017.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Even with the offense not firing on all cylinders, the Saints handled the Dolphins very well today. Defense pitches the first shutout in about 3 years; makes a difference when you're not facing Tom Brady.
    Strief returns to the line...then returns to the injury list. Can't catch a break with o-line health. If they can get the line healthy, and Snead back to form, this can be a fun offense. Biggest reason for that is Alvin Kamara. He's rapidly growing into the Bush-Sproles role and earning Brees' trust. On the other hand, its time to cut bait on Peterson, before he becomes a locker room cancer. Let him go find a team that needs him.
    Ken Crawley.....he has turned a major corner. Got the start over PJ Williams in a disciplinary benching, and PJ's going to have a lot of trouble getting back in the lineup.
    Overall, 2-2 and defensively looking like a completely different team that started 0-2. Offensively, they are only the 3rd team of the 21st century to go through the 1st 4 games of the season without a turnover. I suddenly like this team's playoff potential

fanatic likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Did crawley play his ass off again today? I only saw part of it. Was Peterson throwing fits again. They flipped a switch last week and it was obvious. Also Carolina beat new England in Foxborough. Theres a chance.

3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

We have got to get better running the football.

4. mctiger

Crawley had a pick in the end zone and 2 passes defensed. Best of all, he's always around the ball, even if he doesn't make the play. His man isn't roaming free to gain another 20 yards after the catch. Peterson didn't throw any fits (at least, not on camera), but he's obviously not in the plans. Ingram and Kamara had about 35 touches combined, and I believe AP had 4.

5. mctiger

Buffalo beat Atlanta

fanatic likes this.
  6. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I can't figure out who is good and who isn't. Name a team outside KC or Cleveland who has been consistently good or bad.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I find see any of it. I slept late.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Saints become only the 3rd team since 1933 to go through the 1st 4 games within the turnover.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Tra White had a long scoop-n-score in that game. LSU could sure use his leadership about now, but I'll take his Bills beating ATL as a good consolation.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

So that means their first one will be this Sunday. (Hopefully, it's limited to only one)