Saints 2015 Practice Report

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by LSUDad, Jun 19, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I just got off the phone with a friend that's attended practice. A few notes:

*The QB Ryan Griffin, 50 stitches and all, looked good on and off the field. Had a good couple days of practice, threw the ball well. After, he showed the press what a great job the Dr. had done to his face. And yes, he wore a helmet for practice.

* Andrus Peat, what a steal by the Saints, being looked at on the ROT position, good frame, moves well, the staff really likes this one.

*WR Brandon Coleman is looking very good. At 6'6" 225#'s, last year had too many drops, this year doing a great job holding on to the ball.

* ILB Stephone Anthony is turning heads, should start from the first game.

Thats a few things I remember from our talk, may try and catch up with him again next week.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I expect big things from Coleman; thought he was a free agent steal last year.

@LSUDad Did your friend have anything to say about Delvin Breaux? The nola media has been talking him up like crazy.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Sorry, that was another name that came up. Along with a number of DB's. Saints have some very good CB's, looks to be a strength. I'll try and catch up with him again next week.

4. mctiger

Reading the tweets from the scrimmage this morning....the defense sounds like a complete clusterflop. Can't even get the right number of people on the field. Payton and Ryan are said to have been having conniption fits all morning. Someone questioned SP about it in the after practice gaggle; he said, "Don't get me started."

5. mctiger

Also saying Peat is ridiculously out of shape. Finished every post-scrimmage gasser 5 to 10 seconds behind the rest of the offense, and had a trainer running alongside him to monitor him on the last ones.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Another wasted first round pick

7. mctiger

Its amazing how this regime can blow so many draft picks, but so consistently find diamonds in the rough in the UFA fields.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Going to be a looooooong season.

9. mctiger

Jim Henderson has been sounding the warning cries like Shane before the Bama game....that's never a good sign when "the voice" of the team isn't onboard.

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member