Saints 2011 Free-Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Per Trey Wingo:

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Loomis is knocking it out of the park. This is not the Saints front office that I grew up with. Has Jim Finks come back to life and rejoined the front office. Definitely showing that they want to build a winner. Should be a fun year to be a Saints fan.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

unlike most here, Im as big of an NFL fan as college. I think CS may be one of the few to fall in that category with me.

and in my case, that was before the saints were good so this is like heaven on earth for saints junkies. those were some crappy years in comparison.

luckily, we didnt know anything different or it would have sucked even worse.

4. chewie

chewie Glitched

ridiculous. can't wait to see how good this team can be.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I couldn't agree more. I hated it when Loomis was first hired. I thought he was in over his head. But he's turned out to be the best GM the Saints have ever had and yes, that includes Jim Finks. Lose a solid piece in Goodwin and somehow upgrade to a better C in Kreutz. He even signed for less than Chicago offered. Same with Ayoedele. Lose him and get Turk McBride.

I cannot wait to see this team play.

6. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Me too. Let's just hope that the chemistry is there on both sides of the ball. My mom has pictures of my dad wearing a bag on his head with the eye holes cut out at a saints game (not sure when it was taken). From growing up watching Bobby Hebert, John Fourcade, and Dalton Hilliard on the offense to Pat Swilling, Vaughn Johnson, and Sam Mills on the defense to now having a future HOF quarterback and our first super bowl victory under our belt and the possibility of another. I think the saints management sees the window of opportunity and know it will close sooner or later, so they need to make the most of it now. They are priming the team for another super bowl run and they've got me absolutely jacked to see this team play.

7. Cajun Sensation

No kidding. Ignorance was bliss.

I remember being an Aaron Brooks apologist and I used to take up for him when other fan bases dogged him saying that he wasn't "that bad"....the Drew Brees came along and then and only then did I realize that Brooks was garbage.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

We've had season tickets since the Dikta era, so we were initially enamored with Brooks as well. When you see 3-13 years on a consistent basis, it's easy to do.

CS, you may have been an AB apologist, but at least you didn't sport a shirt with AB's jersey number on it. :D

9. Cajun Sensation

To this day I own an Aaron Brooks jersey. lol

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Any word on this guy? Anyone hear anything?

Matt Roth