Saints 2011 Free-Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jul 22, 2011.

1. chewie

chewie Glitched

some pics of training camp so far

NFL: New Orleans Saints-Training Camp | Derick Hingle Photography

early observations:
    1)shaun rogers - considerably larger than anybody else...even sed ellis
    2)mark ingram - legs like tree trunks
    3)darren sproles - a good bit bigger than i thought he would be, comparable to the other backs
    4)sean payton is in decent shape
    5)i wish i was one of drew brees's kids

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

The Heath Evans move surprises me. He's played awesome and loves NO. I thought he'd be here a while and that the signing of Hall was just to add depth.

The Sharper move is not that big of a surprise. While I'd like to have him, I've read that Jenkins is killing it in camp so far.

Sounds like both of them are salary cap casualties.

4. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

NFL.com:

NFL.com news: Eagles, Saints on right track; Cowboys, 'Skins have work to do

5. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Of the remaining UFA's the only question I have is concerning LB's, Kawika Mitchell, Marvin Mitchell and Anthony Waters. I don't expect us to resign RB's Betts, Wynn or Julius Jones unless someone is hurt and we need a veteran for insurance. We have upgraded the RB position by almost everyone's estimation and that is great. I know we have been trying to do the same at the LB position, but because of injuries, Fujita leaving, etc., we haven't made great strides. I suppose the 3 LB's listed will be our castaways. Does anyone believe we will keep any of these 3 or have an opinion?

6. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Washington post:

Don’t fall asleep on the New Orleans Saints this season - The League - The Washington Post

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

MM has been a valuable special teams performer, and an adequate back-up. Not much as a starter, but I think he has a role on the team. Bussey from Illinois is the guy to watch; he could make Mitchell expendable. The other two will be gone.

8. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

I was jacked when we got Evans and would love to keep him, but he's getting old...and I'm pretty excited about this new young FB Korey Hall we got from Green Bay. He's a very athletic FB like Evans. He was a superstar LB for Boise State...on YouTube they have an awesome video of him showing how much of a stud he was at LB there. With the Packers he was a beast on special teams as a tackler/playmaker and a promising up and coming FB learning under on of the best FBs in the NFL

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

The good ol' "power rankings" are out.

NFL Power Rankings Preseason - National Football League - ESPN

2011 Power Rankings: Offseason
    RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT

1 (9) Packers 10-6 While other teams stockpiled free agents, the Packers stood pat. Are the defending champs still preseason favorites? (Walker)

2 (1) Patriots 14-2 Too bad "Hard Knocks" couldn't film the daily Albert Haynesworth-Chad Ochocinco show. (Clayton)

3 (7) Eagles 10-6 Only one thing will make this season a success -- winning the franchise's first Vince Lombardi Trophy. (Fox)

4 (5) Saints 11-5 Saints will find out whether Reggie Bush was an underrated contributor after all. (Sando)

5 (3) Steelers 12-4 With off-field distractions behind them, the reigning AFC champs are focused on getting back to the Super Bowl. (Walker)

6 (2) Falcons 13-3 Adding Ray Edwards quiets draft-day criticisms about ignoring pass rush. (Sando)

7 (8) Jets 11-5 So far, they have replaced Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery and Brad Smith with only Plaxico Burress and Derrick Mason. (Clayton)

8 (10) Colts 10-6 Provided Peyton Manning is healthy, don't write off the Colts. They have healed up and even added outsiders. (Kuharsky)

9 (4) Ravens 12-4 The Ravens can go as far as fourth-year QB Joe Flacco is willing to take them. (Walker)

10 (14) Chargers 9-7 Every year looks promising, then they wind up short of expectations. It's time for Philip Rivers to be grouped with the elite. (Kuharsky)

11 (12) Giants 10-6 Missing the playoffs for a second consecutive year is not an option for Tom Coughlin. (Fox)

12 (13) Buccaneers 10-6 It starts with the quarterback, and Tampa Bay has a good one in Josh Freeman. (Sando)

13 (6) Bears 11-5 The loss of longtime center Olin Kreutz will hurt Chicago's running game. (Walker)

14 (11) Chiefs 10-6 Big breakthroughs are often followed by a step back. Can the Chiefs buck that trend? (Kuharsky)

15 (17) Rams 7-9 Sam Bradford, Josh McDaniels a compelling combination for the Rams. (Sando)

16 (18) Cowboys 6-10 It will be interesting to see Rob Ryan's effect on the Cowboys' defense. (Fox)

17 (21) Texans 6-10 Always a darling preseason pick. Could it be the year? Sure. Could it be another failure with people getting fired? Sure. (Kuharsky)

18 (24) Lions 6-10 The Lions have "sleeper" written all over them, but only if quarterback Matthew Stafford stays healthy. (Walker)

19 (19) Seahawks 7-9 Sidney Rice, Zach Miller give Seattle needed weapons in passing game. (Sando)

20 (20) Titans 6-10 Don't buy that they will be contenders for Andrew Luck. Mike Munchak will squeeze something out of the Titans. (Kuharsky)

21 (28) Cardinals 5-11 Kevin Kolb's arrival restores hope at quarterback, but time will tell whether Kolb's the answer. (Sando)

22 (16) Jaguars 8-8 Defense will be better for sure. The question is whether David Garrard can play with consistency. (Kuharsky)

23 (15) Raiders 8-8 The Raiders are on the rise if Jason Campbell can play consistently. You have to like Hue Jackson's energy. (Kuharsky)

24 (22) Dolphins 7-9 If the Dolphins can't get Brett Favre to challenge Chad Henne, maybe they can ask Dan Marino. (Clayton)

25 (23) Vikings 6-10 Minnesota actually got younger at quarterback by acquiring 34-year-old Donovan McNabb. (Walker)

26 (25) 49ers 6-10 Widespread changes on defense raise questions about 49ers' short-term prospects. (Sando)

27 (29) Broncos 4-12 I fear the first year of the John Fox regime will be a long, ugly one filled with Tim Tebow-related controversy. (Kuharsky)

28 (27) Browns 5-11 If QB Colt McCoy isn't the answer, it will be another long season in Cleveland. (Walker)

29 (26) Redskins 6-10 In a few more weeks, Mike Shanahan might wish he had kept Donovan McNabb. (Fox)

30 (32) Panthers 2-14 Carolina came out swinging in free agency, but future hinges on Cam Newton. (Sando)

31 (30) Bills 4-12 The Bills' offensive line can't afford an injury, but it would look better had it added Tyson Clabo. (Clayton)

32 (31) Bengals 4-12 The Bengals are moving on from the Carson Palmer-Chad Ochocinco era, but expect plenty of growing pains with young players. (Walker)

10. chewie

chewie Glitched

wouldn't expect anything higher. pack is obviously #1. pats and iggles are interchangeable at 2-3, given their big name pickups in FA. then there's us, quietly building the leviathan. WHO DAT