Saints 2011 Free-Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

2. brjim

brjim Veteran Member

Tentative NFL schedule:

• Monday: Teams can go to 90-man rosters and the official free-agent list will be distributed to teams.

• Tuesday: Trades can commence. Teams can reach agreements with rookies and undrafted free agents beginning at 10 a.m. ET. Teams can reach agreements with all free agents and signed players are allowed to enter team facilities.

• Wednesday: Players can begin reporting to training camps 15 days before their first preseason games. New York Jets and Houston Texans would be the last two teams to report, on Sunday.

•Thursday: Teams can begin to cut players at 4 p.m. ET.

• Friday: Teams can begin file free-agent signings to the league office at 6 p.m. ET.

• Aug. 4: Deadline for recertification and ratification of the collective bargaining agreement by the players.

3. tboy

tboy Founding Member

The general consensus by the local media is that our most coveted "must sign" free agents are Bushrod, Roman Harper and Lance Moore. I won't argue about Bushrod, and I have always been a fan of Lance Moore, but I am surprised that Harper is so highly regarded. My vivid memories of him are being too gassed to run more than 60 yards after a turnover. I can't recall who caught him, perhaps the QB, but I recall it being an embarrassment. His teammates were riding him pretty good. I can also recall him being exposed for his lack of speed in coverage in a game--maybe the Seattle game? He looked extremely slow and had no chance when isolated against a WR. Perhaps it is just a matter of what possible replacements are available.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I wouldn't sign Harper either. I would look at what I have, and also look at undrafted free agents.

Here is what I found the Saints have done thus far...

and the rest of the league

2011 NFL Undrafted Free Agents | NEPatriotsDraft.com - Patriots NFL Draft Site

Also looks like Terrence Toliver has been picked up by the Texans.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That was the QB, he had a huge lead on him and nothing but green in front of him. As good as he is between the ears there has to be someone out there that doesn't need a cane to get on and off the field. I salute him for what he did for the Saints, but he is a liability at this point. Send Usama bin ladin packing too, that guy has been a bust from day one.

6. Cajun Sensation

Lance Moore is coming back! :thumb:

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

9. Cajun Sensation

Looks like Usama Young may be headed to Cleveland

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Any idea what free agents the Saints are chasing? With Bush's salary dumped there should be cap room to bring in a player or two. LB? Safety? Maybe a deep threat WR that can catch?