Saban is officially TIGER BAIT! Put info "relevant to" Saban HERE

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bayoutider, Dec 30, 2006.

1. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Will be very interesting to see if it takes that long for Saban to feel the heat. Somehow I don't think it will; the honeymoon could very well end in September.:grin:

Sat, Sep 01 Western Carolina Tuscaloosa TBA
    Sat, Sep 08 Vanderbilt* at Nashville, Tenn. TBA
    Sat, Sep 15 Arkansas* Tuscaloosa TBA
    Sat, Sep 22 Georgia* Tuscaloosa TBA
    Sat, Sep 29 Florida State at Jacksonville, Fla. TBA
    Sat, Oct 06 Houston Tuscaloosa TBA
    Sat, Oct 13 Ole Miss* at Oxford, Miss. TBA
    Sat, Oct 20 Tennessee* Tuscaloosa TBA
    Sat, Nov 03 LSU* Tuscaloosa TBA
    Sat, Nov 10 Mississippi State* at Starkville, Miss. TBA
    Sat, Nov 17 Louisiana-Monroe Tuscaloosa TBA
    Sat, Nov 24 Auburn* at Auburn, Ala. TBA

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

bama and nick are stuck together for quite some time regardless. the 32 mill is guaranteed.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That looks like a 7-5 schedule to me.

4. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Yeah, but a miserable marriage will be fun to watch. The wife who won't leave because of the money and the hubby who can't afford the cost to kick her out. Sounds like a good reality show to me.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

exactly my point. so much money committed it could very well get ugly if he's not a savior there as he was here.

6. cmott27

cmott27 Freshman

and another article that makes sense:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2718704

quote says it all:

If the Crimson Tide fans parched for success interrupt their backslapping for just a moment, they will see why the hiring of Saban is not the cure for all their problems. It just means they have traded their problems in for a new set.
    For instance, Saban, for all his success, has found a reason to leave the last three coaching jobs he's had. At Michigan State, he didn't like being The Other School to Michigan. At LSU, he felt underappreciated after winning the national championship and he left for the money and the challenge of the NFL. At the Miami Dolphins, he didn't like the lack of control he had over his adult players. Why would he be happy at Alabama when he has had trouble being happy everywhere he has coached?

amen brother Maisel:thumb:

7. luvboatkitty

luvboatkitty Founding Member

I agree with the second part...but did he really feel underappreciated? I find that very hard to believe.:dis:

8. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

funny he coached his first game at LSU against Western Carolina

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

This is the last thing I will ever say about Nick Saban unless the words Tiger Bait follow it.

The guy is a liar, and NO ONE should ever believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He has no pride, and suffers from a lack of morals.

I hope he fails miserable at Bama and they fire his ass after only 2 years, and he is reduced to coaching some Div III team.

Nick is the type of person you would shoot yourself just to get a more trusting person in your foxhole!

10. gmoz33

gmoz33 Founding Member

So I'm watching the Fox 6 (out of Birmingham) newscast of the Saban's landing at the Tuscaloosa airport. The new reporters first question - "Coach, have you had a chance to look at the facilities?" Answer - "I just got off the plane."

Everyone was whooping and hollaring - the Fox announcer said it reminded him of the Beatles landing in America in the '60s. Note - there were a few hundred people there to cheer.

They then interview Terry Saban. She says that Huizenga was a nice, hard working man of integrity but they wanted to get back to college. She said Huizenga tried to keep them there and that "it took us a long time to get out of there." Some grown woman behind her then asked her for her autograph. Terry Saban laughed and said, "Are you going to be this excited when we beat Auburn? Nick is already looking at gamefilm." The grown woman starts jumping around and yelled, "We will love you. Thank you Jesus, praise the Lord." The camera left with Terry Saban having a peculiar look on her face.

Highest of high comedy. Welcome to Tuscaloosa Mrs. Saban. Have fun shopping for groceries in that town.

(Note - I am an LSU alum but grew up in Tuscaloosa, the son of two diehard Bama alums - my pop has all the Bama paintings in his house. I've received numerous emails and text message today saying we are all quaking in our boots. Hilarious.)