Saban is officially TIGER BAIT! Put info "relevant to" Saban HERE

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bayoutider, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

Nick Saban sounds a lot like my exwife. Buy a boobjob and she leaves. NS is a total opportunist.

2. razortiger

razortiger Freshman

Amen. Take that tape Miles and staff!!!!!

3. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Unfortunately, I believe Saban will be at Bama for quite a while. He has the money (NFL money) to coach college, he will have good recruiting, people will want to play for him, and there is nothing in the NFL he wants to achieve. He has tried the NFL, for whatever reason he dropped it after 2 seasons. Whether it was the way NFL operates, the players, or the city he lived in, who knows what made him leave, but I think he will be content now to stay at a school long term to build a program. He will be much more content at Bama than at LSU because his goal while at LSU was to get an NFL job with complete control. Now that he has tried that and didn't like it he will be much more content to stay put, especially while making that kind of money.

He would really be a fool to pass the Bama offer up, from a monetary standpoint, but it shows that if the money is right he will leave a good situation. However, if the Boosters are footing the bill for his salary the expectations will be much greater at Bama than they were at LSU. He was a respected coach at MSU but only moderately turned that program into something, when he came to LSU. Well now that he has won a title at LSU and was being paid top NFL dollars at Miami the expectations will be great.

If he doesn't have a 9 win season by 2008, the vice will be cranked up on him by the boosters and school. At LSU a 8 or 9 win season was awesome after 2 or 3 seasons.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's where his problems will lie. Remember the golden rule, "Whoever has the gold makes the rule". :shock:

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Any top coach can get 9 wins at Bama. Hell, Shula did and so did most of his predecessors. What they paid for and expect from Nick is CHAMPIONSHIPS. Those don't come as easily as winning seasons.

Did I say championships? I should say championships pretty damned quickly.

6. cmott27

cmott27 Freshman

if Nicky poo thought that Tigers fans were rude or had too high of expectations wait until the Auburn game next year. We do not have an in-state rival like them and it means nothing if you can't beat them or us by that matter. I read it has been 8 years since Bama has done either. It looks like at Auburn for them next year and even with us at home they might be looking at 9 years of losing in a row to the both of us. Ask Mack Brown about finally beating Oklahoma and you would get some idea of the pressure of winning one game even if you when all the rest. Poor Nickster and he he steals some of our coaches the disdain for him grows to a level near seen in the city limits of BR--except maybe Dale Brown's coaching ability--helluva recruiter though--Shaq is the man.....hope Tigers Bball can make a run again this year....I live in "Bball country" in NC and what a joy it was to see no ACC and 2 SEC in the final four--no longer just a football conference--burns the hell out of the UNC fans I work with......:geauxtige :grin:

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

It'll be a quick honeymoon. He gets one season. After that if there are 2-3 loss seasons he will be squashed. No way Bama puts up that kind of cash and not expect results right away. My job pays me a little extra to run a crew...that "crew" expects me to do more than all of them combined because I make that little extra. Don't think his "crew" won't expect the same.

8. onebamaman

onebamaman Freshman

Re: Saban to be offered 40-50 million contract...

Add two contracts back-to-back, 4+4=8. Or $17M+17M = more than MIA owed..higher education = higher math..?

Quote=COramprat;529310]I don't think the numbers jive. The state of Alabama can't enter into a contract over 4 years from what I've been reading so the 7-8 year thing isn't right.[/quote]

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Better watch your back.
    With Saban's track record he'll be gone before you know it!

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member