Saban goes Nuts & Q Williams out

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RamahRising, Sep 1, 2018.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Speed, discipline, and fundamentals negate size whatever size difference there is in NFL. Alot like the run-first QB in HS and college. Never cut it in NFL.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

And I have no problem with it being a case of the have's and have not's. Quite frankly, half of the 125-130 teams listed as D1 need to drop down as it is.

You may be right in the end. Who knows? I'd hope the chances we see the P5 schools break into their own division happens sooner than the NCAA trying to level things between P5 schools and your Old Dominions of the world.

(347 D1 schools as a total when probably 60 or so deserve that position/need to be classified as such.)

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The gumps cheat Terry, that's the bottom line

el005639 and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Who in the SEC would you kick out? Kentucky? Too good in basketball. Vanderbilt is a no brainer. Maybe Missouri. Half the ACC and most of the B1G west bring nothing to the table. Kansas is too good at hoops to kick out but the Big 12 could lose Iowa State. Baylor will never be back. Lose them too.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I believe you missed this sentence, Bengal.

There are a few teams within the 130 D1 that I can see moving to a P5 conference--Boise State as one example.

Going back to the subject vBall and I were discussing--staff sizes. It's interesting that we've seen a lot of teams realize "oh, we can do that?" Heck, we saw the same thing with LSU this past season with Orgeron "being allowed" to hire analyst in support roles. What defines irony is Mack Brown, alongside his "if Colt hadn't gotten hurt" was him complaining about staff sizes when TX lost in the BCSNC only to turn around and immediately hire more staffers. Texas is as far from the "have nots" as anyone could feasibly be.

It's labeled as a benefit the "have's" have over the "have nots" and that's a valid point. At the same time we're looking at half of the D1 programs that are in the red--each and every year. These same programs have administrators on the rules committee making new rules with what appears to be in the intent of putting a team like Old Dominion on the same plane as Texas.

You want a more level playing field? Let's start by taking the P5 away from the G5 and let them have their own playoff. If teams are worried about being "also rans," do something to change. If you can't field a product/team that's competitive do something. Making a "new rule" is a Mark Richt type of move--lazy.

6. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I have. You're stating it's against NCAA rules. It isn't. Therefore, what you've posted, on more than one occasion, is bullshit.

From the article you just linked:

The enduring image is of a highly-successful, efficiently-run, utterly brilliant football sweatshop. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

What's ironic about this article is one followed it going over the number of staff members around the NCAA. The narrative that "Bama has far more than other schools" was proven false.

The way the games between Bama and LSU have gone the last couple of years have effected you to the point you've started making things up. This isn't the only example.

I have been in your shoes with the Bama v LSU games. It never crossed my mind to start throwing bullshit out just to justify Bama getting beaten.

Don't get me wrong here. I see some Bama fans doing the same thing when things don't go Bama's way. And, I call them out on it just like I have you.

GregLSU likes this.