Saban goes Nuts & Q Williams out

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RamahRising, Sep 1, 2018.

1. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I remember he didn’t want LSU in the BCSNCG against Oklahoma in the 2003 season, and that was when Saban was here! He didn’t want us there in 2007 either. But like has been said everywhere, he loves himself some Saban now and Bama! Fuck all that shit. Fuck Herbie! He makes me sick. The guy ought to be workin the can at Taco Bell giving bumpkins!

Winston1 likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The Cowboys cut Bo Scarborough. I don’t think any 1 player ever put the fear in me like that cat did, I guess it was because of his size, he never really did shit to us, I just remember thinking he was gonna be good, and he gets 7th round picked and cut.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Like DH, he took too long to get to top gear and due to size, wasn't shifty. More of a gnome king gimmick to overpower undersized lines. Sheet aint happening in NFL.

tirk likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

zero lateral movement. but yeah he was marshawn lynch scary. hes that crazy strong dude in hs no one could tackle.

5. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Ought to be a National Award for humorous posts like this ... Made my day still laughing
    Just 1 Q ... College Dr or Burbank Taco Bell

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I prefer the Perkins Road Taco Bell. It's closer so I can get home and crap or puke quicker.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Correct....but they comin. And that's mostly because of Saban. The amount of "staff" that Alabama has is likely double that of most college teams. And just like the NCAA took away the private jets, etc, having that many people support your program is definitely a case of the haves and have-nots. Even coaches with programs who can afford some, know that Saban is stretching the intent. How many programs can take an "analyst" and plug him in to the OC job right before the NC game?

Sarkisian was no "analyst" no matter what his paycheck said.

"Not including Saban, there were five former top-tier head coaches on the Alabama staff when the postseason began, including three working as so-called analysts in what are (at least officially) noncoaching roles. Saban tapped one of them, the former Washington and Southern California coach Steve Sarkisian, to run the offense in the title game against Clemson. Though Alabama lost, it was not because of the offense, which scored 31 points and did not struggle in unfamiliar hands.

“This isn’t like I flew in on a plane and I just took over this week,” Sarkisian said at the time. “I’ve been here for four months. I’ve worked with Lane hand in hand.”

In fact, Sarkisian’s primary job was not to be Kiffin’s understudy, but to consult with Kiffin and other coaches in a range of areas. But his unusual trajectory was merely the starkest example of the advantage — and the luxury — of having noncoaching advisers in place, ready to step in at a moment’s notice."
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/30/sports/ncaafootball/alabama-college-football-coaches.html

LSU_4_LIFE, LSUTiga and didit like this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I felt that way with Scarborough and the first few times I saw DHenry. Both looked like men among boys, but not in the NFL, I guess.

9. furduknfish

#missingpanchos

10. furduknfish

Coulda just said "on retainer".