Ryan Clark says Joey B can make big time NFL throws

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

University of Kansas could use another fan to skip down their yellow brick road to see The Wizard of Miles. Want the driving directions?

tzanghi and Bengal B like this.
  2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Already going to the KU vs. KSU game. Group of LSU fans all going, with about 10-12 former LSU players.

mctiger likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

apples-and-oranges.jpg
    Apples and oranges again. Hate to pile on you buddy cause believe me I know what it's like to be piled on. I just don't get you with this Miles/Oeaux thing. I was a big Miles fan was called a sunshine pumper and I still have tremendous respect for the man but he became Cholly Mac. Oeaux was dealt a shitty hand and made chicken shit into chicken salad IMHO.

tzanghi likes this.
  4. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I was the only one here when we were winning big that pulled for Miles, or at least it seemed that way. Miles last recruiting class as #2 in the Nation & his last full season was 9-3 + fake McNeese "Lightening scare" game. that took away the 10th win.

Is 10-3 a chicken shit season? Considering the relatively small number of 10 wins seasons LSU has had...all-time, I tend to seriously doubt that.

It was a political firing. "Payback" for 1-9-12 by some really idiotic people. More than half LSU fans would trade Miles for Orgeron in a heartbeat. Just not people on this board.

Not surprising people on this board pull for anyone LSU Admins tossed out there "To Love".

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you were at the first game how could you forget the 94 yard kickoff return by John Gilliam on the first touch of the football for the Saints? I was there. After the touchdown Tulane Stadium felt like an earthquake. It was constructed with more steel than concrete and everybody was jumping up and down and stomping.
    I remember it like it was yesterday.

6. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I was just too young to remember it.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

What's wrong with it is I am not bitter. OK, I'm a little bitter about the no-call, but I love my Saints, always have and always will. They frustrated me for 25 years, but I still loved 'em.

Got it. You just demonstrate your fandom by never posting anything positive on your LSU fan website of choice.

Lighten up, Francis. I will always look back at Debo's time in purple and gold fondly, along with a sense of what could have been, because imo, he was never used to his full potential here. I pull for all Tigers in the NFL. I'd love for Mr. Fournette to put up Emmett Smith-like numbers every game, except when he plays the Saints. The exception is for anyone playing for the Falcons. They are a hated rival, and I wish for them to go 0-16 every year, with every player finishing last in the league in every statistical category imaginable. Don't like it? Well, as you stated before and I confirmed, I'm a bigger Saints fan than an LSU fan.

Hey, I'll bet no one in here would disagree with me for saying that its absolutely cool that you don't like Orgeron. The problem is, your postings consistently reflect your dislike - AND NOTHING ELSE! You were rarely to be seen in here when the Tigers opened the season with 5 straight wins. Nothing to say when the Tigers pulled off a never-easy road win at Auburn, or pushed around a powerhouse Georgia team. But you'd jump in after the game and pile on every mistake you could think of, and why it proved Orgeron is so terrible. Red used to do a weeky, "Good, bad and ugly" feature after every game. With you, there is no good, there is only bad and ugly.

Brian, KyleK, Winston1 and 2 others like this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I wasn't too young I was there in the old Tulane stadium that day.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Mmm 7.6ยข=m7,m wwI'd ranther read our resident page bb :g

10. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I understand the Saints vs. Falcons thing. I just quit watching the Saints because of their ridiculous draft picks in the late 80's early 90s. Plus the fact that they started to avoid LSU players like the plague. I believe the last player they took from LSU was Al Woods , a decent DT at LSU, in the 4th round about 10 years ago. And they missed a ton of great players, in doing so. I never expected them to take an LSU player ever year, but one player for per Decade? So I lost interest in them, completely after following them a long time.

I really wasn't that offended about the comments about LSU Falcon players. Debo was a great player here, a Permanent LSU Team Captain as well. I don't understand why you'd say he was underutilized here. He was on the Butkus Finalist ( nit just on the watchlist) & was the 52nd player taken in the NFL Draft. Everyone knew who he was & what he could do on the field.

You're right, I'm not much of a cheerleader type poster. I love stats & understand others don't. I wasn't a cheerleader when Miles was here either. I like studying teams strengths & weaknesses.

You mention I wasn't tossing bouquets at Orgeron feet for starting 5-0. In 2015, did you see 1 single post on this board trumpeting Miles for starting the season 7-0 beating 3 ranked teams heading into Bama? I sure didn't. Shane wouldn't allow that "Elder Fudd Nonsense" without banning someone. I bumped one of his negative threads trashing Miles while he was winning the 2007 NC.

Yes, I do point out mistakes now. I didn't used to though. I was labeled a Sunshine Pumper for posting some key stats & school winning percentages being surpassed. Now, I suppose, I'm what the Miles haters used to be. No matter which way I pos heret, it's going to be wrong to some people.

Hell, I love out current Defense, but how many Pro Aranda posts are seen here? Not many, or I'd join in. It's mostly people trying to do the hard sell of Orgeron to the half of the fanbase that don't like him. Isn't that Derek Ponamsky's current job?