Russian issues

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Mar 3, 2017.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

No the Dems did. You say my head was in the sand yet this was mentioned how much during the election.

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I dunno

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

And this is whwre you check out.

4. GiantDuckFan

Yep, don't know, and don't care enough to bother learning about it, that's water under the bridge. If Trump had lost, I wouldn't be giving a shit about his corruption neither.

Like I said before, if you want to go after the dems for their sins, well then, go sic em,.. me?.. I'm more concerned about that jackass in the White House.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    kcal likes this.
  5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Obama departed.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

Congress Reaches Deal on Russia Sanctions, Setting Up Tough Choice for Trump
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/us/politics/congress-sanctions-russia.html

Congressional leaders have reached an agreement on sweeping sanctions legislation to punish Russia for its election meddling and aggression toward its neighbors

The new legislation would sharply limit the president’s ability to suspend or terminate the sanctions — a remarkable handcuffing by a Republican-led Congress six months into Mr. Trump’s tenure.

Now, Mr. Trump could soon face a decision he hoped to avoid: veto the bill — a move that would fuel accusations that he is doing the bidding of President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia — or sign legislation imposing sanctions his administration has opposed.

“A nearly united Congress is poised to send President Putin a clear message on behalf of the American people and our allies,” said Senator Benjamin L. Cardin of Maryland, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, “and we need President Trump to help us deliver that message.”

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's what Edward Kennedy said.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

No moral equalization here....The argument can't be "she did it too". She ain't president and won't be.

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

That is a bit too simple...agree the difference is he is president and she is not, however she was Sec of State, the 4th most powerful person in the government. If we wanted truth we should just open up the can of worms and see what we find. That wont happen because both sides are dirty.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Having "fought" the Russians for 24 years, I am amazed daily at the call for confrontation. We need to work with the Russians, not fight them. We will never beat them, short of nuclear wrought oblivian. Never. The only way to move forward is through meaningful engagement. The US population and 99% of the Russian people have EVERYTHING in common.

It is numbing to see politicians determined to stifle conversation and engagement. Those methods are the only paths toward improvement.

KyleK, LSUpride123 and BAY0U BENGAL like this.