Russian issues

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Mar 3, 2017.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Regarding Charlottesville, he was right to say both sides were at fault, and had the balls to say it. If you think him saying that that's divisive then you may not believe in Freedom of Assembly and Speech, as per the 1st Amendment. There's many groups i don't agree with, but whether they are White Supremacist, Transvestites, Black Panthers, or whatever else, i believe in their right to freely assemble and speak. ANTIFA and counter protesters showed up to, admit it, disrupt their assembly/rally and essentially silence them. They've been doing that a lot in other places to. This new culture of silencing differences of any kind is by far the biggest concern i have for our future.

uscvball, el005639, shane0911 and 2 others like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That was MS13 not "All Latinos"

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Agree about BHO as
    No he’s said it numerous times that the people coming across were all murderers and thugs. He’s using dog whistle language all the time playing to our worst instincts.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That is not what he said

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Glad we have you Carnac the Magnificent to tell us what Trump is secretly thinking.

CARNACTHEMAGNIFICENT01.png

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Looks like the media and others are threatening the jury in the Manafort case.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Winston....read this article....
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...nts-animals-again_us_5afca15fe4b0779345d59e2a

The title is "Trump Refers To Immigrants As ‘Animals.’ Again."

The opening sentences are, "President Donald Trump called on the Department of Justice to prosecute a political opponent and called immigrants “animals” during a roundtable with California leaders on Wednesday.

“We’re taking people out of the country. You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are,” he said. “These aren’t people. These are animals.”

A further sentence says, "His dehumanizing comments about immigrants weren’t new."

And yet, you have to read further to finally get to, "The president referenced “animals” after a sheriff asked him about MS-13, a gang that started in the U.S. made up largely of Salvadoran immigrants and that has become a frequent target of Trump and top officials."

Even with the transcript, it's clear to me that Trump was referencing MS-13, from El Salvador. To suggest something different, specifically to use a HEADLINE saying otherwise is very bad journalism at best. This is why the public is turning their back on the media.

Here's another media misapplication...."After a man angry over losing his job opened fire on a former office rival on Aug. 24, 2012, on the sidewalk outside the Empire State Building, Trump wasted little time rendering his judgment.

“Terrible tragedy at the Empire State Building today. We must have fast trials and death penalty for the animals,” Trump tweeted."

And another...."The animal who beheaded the woman in Oklahoma should be given a very fast trial and then the death penalty. The same fate - beheading?"

And another...."In a May 11, 2015, tweet, Trump demanded to know why there weren’t protests “in favor of the two young police officers gunned down in Mississippi by two deranged animals” at a traffic stop. He demanded the death penalty for the four suspects,"

And another...."After he was elected president, Trump delivered a speech to Long Island law enforcement officers in which he extolled the virtues of violent policing when dealing with MS-13 gang members.

“I was reading one of these animals was caught explaining they like to knife them and cut them and let them die slowly because that way it’s more painful. And they enjoy watching that much more,” Trump said."

“And you’ve seen the stories about some of these animals. They don’t want to use guns, because it’s too fast and not painful enough,” Trump said, adding, “And these are the animals we’ve been protecting for so long. Well they’re not being protected anymore, folks.”

And another...."Many dead, including women and children, in mindless CHEMICAL attack in Syria. Area of atrocity is in lockdown and encircled by Syrian Army, making it completely inaccessible to outside world. President Putin, Russia and Iran are responsible for backing Animal Assad. Big price..."

Hmmmm.....he likes the word to describe law-breakers, thugs, murderers, gang bangers, drug-dealers, and even despots. It's not an "immigrant" thing, it's a "Trump anti-crime" thing.

shane0911 and dachsie like this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You can pick out sentences if you want to make yourself feel better but the context is obvious. He smears with a broad brush.
    He is a nativist and a hypocrite whose wife used the chain migration he rails against to get her family into the US. He uses anger and fear to arouse his base. He’s nothing but a demagogue and rabble rouser.
    You don’t bother to address the fact that his administration is doing all it can to prevent even legal and needed immigration into the country.
    BTW who is going to fill the tech and engineering jobs? Who is going to work the fields and mow the yards if immigration is halted?

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Or, you can buy into the media stories that twist and obscure facts so that it fits your narrative. See how easy that is? BTW, this isn't about emotions. I don't need to feel good or bad about the President. The smearing here has been done by the media who should be held to a higher standard. I DON'T believe the context is obvious. You said there were several cases, I researched, and that's what I got.

I pretty much reject almost all "ist" or "phobe" terminology as over-emotional nonsense. SexIST, misogynIST, ageIST, homoPHOBE. I left one out on purpose.

How does that make Trump a hypocrite? In fact, I would say that comment makes you a sexIST. Melania is not Donald. She doesn't need his permission or policy to help her parents gain citizenship. The question to be asked, is did the Knavs gain their citizenship legally? Why yes, yes they did.

Implying of course, that his "base" is really stupid and easily manipulated. Got it.

I am not under any obligation to address those things. Please tell me what immigration is "needed"? How much business that was formerly overseas has returned to the US since the election?

The "fields" are being industrialized and mechanized all the time. Field worker demand isn't what it used to be so we are not in the space of needing any more illegals. Tech and engineering job gaps will likely continued to be filled by folks from Asia and the Middle East.....because they give a fuck about education, not gay rights, pyschology and library science.

And....I mow my own gotdamn yard, wash my own gotdamn car, and clean my own gotdamn pool.

LSUpride123 and KyleK like this.