Russian issues

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Mar 3, 2017.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Tell me this bc I truly don't understand. If the genesis of this entire investigation was based on lies how can this continue against anyone - much less a sitting president. Are we that corrupt that it's simply allowed in spite of that not so small fact.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Man, I dont know. Now, we have to wonder why the use of Steele because between him and the Fusion GPS folks, they seem to be the start of all of this.

That Russian Lawyer in the Trump tower had connections and meetings with Fusion GPS co-founder.

Its almost like this is a "backup plan" that never materialized in the way they thought. This is clearly pure speculation. Why else was all this "leaked" just after he won?

I think the thing that caught them by a real surprise was the DNC hack. I dont think it was Russia. They just had all this other work on Russia that they molded these together.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

:cool: the investigation is only partially based on the Steele dossier

Christopher Steele's dossier on Trump and Russia, explained - Vox

"Conversely, one striking thing about what’s been reported over the past year is how much actual Trump-Russia contact Steele didn’t find out about. The dossier doesn’t mention Natalia Veselnitskaya, for example, a Russian lawyer with very real Kremlin links who really did hold a meeting at Trump Tower with key Trump campaign officials to discuss a deal involving dirt on Hillary Clinton being swapped for concessions on sanctions. Emin Agalarov and Rob Goldstone, who helped set the meeting up, aren’t mentioned either.

George Papadopolous, a former Trump campaign staffer who has pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI and appears to be a key figure in the Mueller investigation, doesn’t come up in the dossier. Nor are Donald Trump Jr. or Jared Kushner important figures in it. These revelations certainly can be seen as bolstering the dossier’s overall thesis of a Trump-Russia conspiracy, but they can also be seen as undermining Steele’s credibility, as he appears to have missed some genuine significant events.

Last but by no means least, the Mueller inquiry has been conducted thus far with a remarkably high degree of secrecy. Nobody had any idea Manafort was about to be indicted until he was indicted, and nobody knows what kind of cooperation Michael Flynn is offering.

It certainly might be the case that Mueller could eventually reveal charges along the lines of what’s in the dossier — we wouldn’t know one way or the other — but so far, nothing we’ve seen from the investigation really either confirms or debunks its main arguments.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Winston1 likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The facts dont line up with the claim. All the relevant data on Russia Trump start with Steele, Manafort, and Page.

Page, who was a known FBI informant into US/Russia spying prior to the 2016 election. He just appeared on the Trump campaign.

Look, I really don't want to argue about this, but your statement does not line up with the reality of the known evidence.

You can say I am defending trump or say "wait and see" but there is more that points to real problems in our own system than there is of Trump and Putin making a deal.

5. GiantDuckFan

I'm with ya, and I'm not trying to make a statement, it's an informative article that went towards tirk's question. that's all.

3 weeks from Saturday, woot woot,.. it's good to see Tigerfan's attention turning to football

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

[​IMG]

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. tirk

The truth is it really is based on false information. Without the bullshit dossier this investigation doesn't exist. That's imperative and shouldnt go any further than that.

watson1880 and LSUpride123 like this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

and the truth is Trump is dirty as fuck, dossier or no. I think it's gonna turn out like 123 has been predicting, this is going to turn into a shitstorm like no other, "and the walls will come tumbling down", let all sides stew in their karma and the guilty should fry,.. but don't let Trump off the hook, that would be like Thanksgiving dinner without the turkey

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I could probably find it if I searched, but I believe I made a prediction 1-2 years ago all sides would go down. However, I dont think Trump colluded. Mueller, if he can legally look hard-enough, can find something.

10. tirk

That's not facts and that's not how the justice system works. Their case is null and void.