Russian issues

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Mar 3, 2017.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

2. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Um, since there is innocence until proven guilty in this country, the onus is on you to prove the guilt in this case. Just saying....

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Because there is no good answer for it. Trump can't quit lying about it, can't keep changing the explanation for the meeting while at the same time insisting that he had no knowledge of it.

Why do you have such a hard time understanding that Russians citizens and the Russian government are not one and the same? You really do not seem to grasp this concept.

it's the same answer that you gave me. you are always asking me for evidence of something that I have no way of knowing because I am not privy to the investigation so I thought maybe you'd like to try it on for size.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yada yada yada, more of the same, blah blah blah

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Gates says he and Manafort didn't report 15 foreign accounts, knew it was illegal
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/06/politics/paul-manafort-trial-rick-gates-donald-trump/index.html

As well as serving as Manafort's right-hand man in their multimillion-dollar business, Gates was also Manafort's deputy on the Trump campaign.

His appearance represents the biggest test yet for Mueller's investigation even though this case does not directly play into the issue of alleged cooperation by the Trump campaign in Russian election interference.

The President is watching proceedings carefully as Mueller appears to be moving closer to his inner circle on multiple fronts and has complained that Manafort has been treated like a mobster -- even as the White House has tried to open up some distance between Trump and his former campaign chairman.

The trial resumes at 9.30 a.m. ET on Tuesday

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  6. Tiger in NC

How so?

I don't understand what you mean here. I never said anything about "direct or indirect." Are you referring to different types of contact?

7. Tiger in NC

true, but the onus is not on me. that is the job of the SC. my point to Pride is that there is no reason why I would be able to provide evidence. can you name a single prosecutor ever who would call a press conference just to inform the public of the evidence they have? that would be prosecutorial suicide. so the notion that I, a normal citizen, would have evidence of crimes is absurd.

8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

'typical' might be a better word,.. pretty sure none of us here are normal

Tiger in NC likes this.
  9. Tiger in NC

The thing that no one is talking about is that this is only the first Manafort trial. He faces a more serious trial in September where he is accused of conspiring against the United States, money laundering and failing to register as a foreign agent. Poor @LSUpride123 keeps strutting around talking about how this trial's got nothing to do with Trump...….he doesn't even know that this isn't the main event.

10. Tiger in NC

touche

GiantDuckFan likes this.