Russian issues

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

probably our last President who was an effective legislator, he did a lot of good things,.. but if you think he didn't deserve what he got,.. read either of these books and then get back to me.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Woodward and Bernstein have some credibility but John dean was a rat. If he had gone to a real prison instead of a country club he would have been everybody's bitch.

4. GiantDuckFan

Nixon sacrificed Bob Haldeman, John Ehrlichman, John Mitchel and many others trying to save his ass,.. John Dean wouldn't let himself be sacrificed.

You should read the book, BB, fascinating,.. rat or no, Dean had an amazing memory of issues and meetings,.. what was said, names, and dates, ,.. more than Woodward and Bernstein, he was in the know, being that he was in Nixon's most inner circle.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If only those burglars hadn't been so noisy and woken Forrest Gump up. I probably won't read the book. When I do have time I usually read stuff in other genres than tell-all stuff. But I do remember watching Dean testify for days on TV at the time. Watching the whole thing unfold and unravel for Tricky Dick was riveting.

el005639 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

... historic, made me even more proud of America,.. I saw Senator Sam Irvin walking through the UofO campus the following year, looked just like he did on Tv..

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I remembered him exactly how he looked but I had to google to remember which side he was on. There were so many characters in the investigation besides the leading cast. It was the beginning of reality TV. For better or worse.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

What Bill and Hillary did during their time in office makes Nixon look like he stole a pack of gum.

9. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

The 13 Russians indicted were not colluding with anyone but their own gov't. They were trying to cause chaos in our country. They were inciting rallies both for and against Trump at the same time. They were putting fake news items on social media to stir up the people.

The only collusion that has been found at this point, but ironically hasn't been investigated by Mueller, is that dossier paid for the Clinton and the DNC

HalloweenRun and shane0911 like this.
  10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Sam Irvin appointed me to USNA. My plebe year picture was on a wall in his office!

kcal, Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.