Russian issues

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Mar 3, 2017.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Logic. Ha. You are funny sir.

2. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

That would be ma'am. LOL

LSUpride123 and Bengal B like this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

My bad. Wife always tells me I’m an asshole!

4. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Pffft - I am not worried about it. Just razzing you

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

These two articles show why Trump’s embrace of Putin and other dictators is so damaging. First is a look at Putin. https://themoscowtimes.com/news/ahe...hed-reverse-soviet-collapse-if-he-could-60693 I understand wanting your country to be a great power and be respected. However there was nothing positive about the Soviet Union. It’s leaders killed 10s of millions of its own citizens, condemned most to poverty in mind body and spirit and ruined a great nation’s potential. To wish for a return to that is wrong in every measure. It shows Putin to be a brutal dictator with no care for his country other than as a means of wielding power.
    The second https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/02/opinion/dictatorship-iran-north-korea-russia-china.html shows how we are losing stature in the world and it’s embrace or succumbing to dictators is harming us. To be fair Obama (and HRC) shares mightily in this. His abandonment of American leadership in the world went a long way. Likewise W has a share with his disastrous crusade in Iraq. However Trump is piling on. Rather than showing understanding and courage as Reagan, GHW Bush, Churchill and others, Trump lauds them and it seems he would rather emulate the worst sort than embrace what made us great.
    If this continues we face a much darker and more hostile world. We need a leader who stands for our traditions and emphasizes the differences with dictatorships rather than codling them.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why don't you run? You are pretty good at making speeches. Is this you?

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Loved me that Green Acres. Run? I’m not sure I’d even vote for me.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

No, they don't. Nice opinion pieces but lacking in facts.

Losing stature? According to whom? To what dictator has Trump succumbed? How is ISIS doing these days? Fat boy in NK backed down after Trump's bigger button comment. And he parlayed China to keep him in line. Putin is putin'. Iran? You really think they are getting away with anything right now?

BTW, the writer of that article is a NY jew, educated in Chicago and the London School of Economics. Shocking that he would write a slanted anti-Trump piece.

I'll say it again....the Bush's are evil. Sr ran the CIA. Jr did daddy's bidding. Come on. You must know this.

Let's start with this...
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2017...l-hillary-sold-out-us-interests-putin-regime/
    and this...
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ops-with-push-for-russian-silicon-valley.html

Malia Zimmerman is well-versed in the Seth Rich story.

Interesting....what is this about, do you think?
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/2018-amendments-manual-courts-martial-united-states/

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    LSUpride123 likes this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@uscvball Yes they’re opinion pieces and as such put together facts to show a disturbing trend in Trump and those who back him.
    That Trump won’t say one thing that shows Putin to be the adversary he is, is very troubling......”Putin’s Putin”. Give me a break. He is a dangerous thug who wants to pull the US down. I didn’t use the clearest term when I said succumb but his unrestrained praise of Erdogan, Putin, Duarete and Li of China dictators and strong men all is not what I want in a leader. It may have been somewhat of a joke but last night he commented on Li of China’s move to remove term limits and suggested “maybe we should try that here” is in more than poor taste for the president of the US.
    The American position as the leader of the free world has not been weaker. That is a fact. The Pax Americana from WWII till Iraq was a result of moral leadership as much as financial, industrial and military power.
    I know you live in Cali the land of the crazy left but the best reaction isn’t from a far right isolationist nativist position but to recall the ideals of Reagan and the concept that we are the shining city on the Hill.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member