Russell Shepard is a Tiger!

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Mar 3, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I could see this happening very easily.

Let's just say he's TROUBLE for opposing defenses in some way, shape or form.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Ah chit! TigerBait, does that mean we need to be worried? :hihi:

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Say, what about this GREAT class in La. this year? Seems like we're going out of state a lot, too much? Don't want to get the La. high school coaches peeved at us. Seem like we've got an awful lot of the top 15 in La. not signed yet. I don't want to let the fence down around La.

4. clair

clair Rockets

Houston should just become a part of Louisiana that pipeline is beginning to run so deep.

The Louisiana Rockets...

I like the sound of that.

5. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

Great, great news! He is a awesome athlete who can play multiple positions. I know he is cming in as a QB, but with the capability to play other positions if doesnt pan out at QB. This is one hell of an amazing start to the 08 recruiting class. What a job by Miles and crew!:geaux:

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

does this make it 3 straight times LSU has screwed UTx for QBs? or were they not interested in Lee?

7. Pringle

Pringle FUSC and FND

It's not LSU's fault that talented players from out of state are committing, if the local boys want to play at LSU then they better commit before all of the spots fill up.

8. islstl

I know there is a lot of concern about this, but we will get the 11-12 LA boys we really desire, and then get 8-10 OOS studs to finish off the class. Nothing we can do about it, I don't think it means others are making their way into LA, especially if we get the ones we really want. We'll be 11 for 11 or 12 for 12 and all will be well with the world. Don't freak out when Saban nabs a player that LSU did not go after.

9. islstl

I think this is exactly right, within reason.

For instance we won't sign a Marlon Brown over a Reuben Randle, if there is only 1 WR slot available. Of course even this is within reason, if Randle holds out until signing day and we got a commit from Brown, then we won't wait for Randle. But the intent is to sign the LA player first and foremost, make no bones about that.

10. Pringle

Pringle FUSC and FND

Texas got their 5-star QB already this year, and they didn't recruit Lee. But we did get Perrilloux but don't really know how much of a win that was now