Running Back Schmorgasboard...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bandit88, Nov 19, 2007.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'm about 5'9.5" 200lbs, and Hester is bigger than me.

I don't see him as a DB at all.

2. gittyupandgeaux

gittyupandgeaux Founding Member

I'm 5'11" and 230. And he's smaller than me. Much smaller than me, according to my wife who was standing right there while we talked.

3. TigerBill661

TigerBill661 Life is Good

My wife and I have discussed the similarities between the play of Hester and John "The Diesel" Riggins of Redskins fame. I hope someone in the NFL makes those comparisons.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He reminds me of Hokie Gajan and I expect him to also carve out some good years in the NFL.

5. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

Sorry, but there is no comparison between the two. Nothing at all against Hester who has had a very good career here at LSU. Alstott is a much better runner. He has very good agility and cutting ability. Hester lacks the agility and hips to avoid tacklers. For as big as he was Alstott could cut, make you miss, or bulldoze you. Hester will certainly play in the NFL, dont get me wrong but Alstott was on pace for a possible HOF career before injuries slowed him down. Hester can be a poor mans Alstott, which is still a very valuable player. He will have to add some size though to be an effective blocker at the next level. Hester can also be a big special teams player. Plus Hester has excellent hands. I see him more like a Rathman or Johnston once he can add a lil more weight and strength. Decent runner, solid blocker, very good hands, and a ton of heart.

6. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Since it seems we can only compare white players to white players, how about:
    Hester= Chris Cooley (sort of a fullback/tightend combo)

If we don't follow the rule, maybe:
    Hester= Larry Centers (great receiving back)