RIP Captain Phil - The Deadliest Catch

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Kurtis Bleaux, Feb 11, 2010.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

half of the guys on that show are heart attacks and strokes waiting to happen from all the cigarettes and caffeine. seems like a lot of those guys suck down the cigarettes non-stop.

i was sad when i read about his stroke just the evening before he died. i had no idea. and what i read it sounded like he was doing better so to find out he didnt make it surprised me.

rip captain phil.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm interested to see who takes over the boat. That one kid of his is a little biotch and will likely get his punk ass tossed into the icy foam of the Bering if he takes the helm. Not to mention I think he would not know the first thing about where to fish or how to lead a crew in such a stressfull situation. I fear that his ego won't allow him to let someone else run the boat and we will see the end of the Cornie Marie. My money is on train wreck.

Yup, the Hillstrands are some cool cats. Especially when they get to playing practical jokes.

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

RIP Phil

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i had replied to this before you posted but forgot to submit it i suppose. said the same thing. i think i said this sucks not only for phil but for the show because his kid is a punk who needs his ass kicked. spoiled-ass lil phucker.

now he will be in the spotlight i suppose. ugh.

im hoping he goes under but spares the crew.

which crew welded the clunker car to the crab trap long ago?

that was pretty good.

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I think Sig's crew did that..

I like the one where they tied large bags of flour to the ropes... when they pulled them up and those things hit the block it exploded and instantly painted everyone on deck white..

6. OkieTigerTK

that would be some great viewing. maybe we will get to see the lil snot getting is ass kicked. can you say "ratings"?

both great pranks. makes me wonder what they will come up with this year. whatever it is, im sure one of the crews will think of something good.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i thought it was sig too. thats one serious bastard so i thought maybe i mis-remembered. his brother is cool though.

the flour prank was probably the best though.

also, welding the trap shut is always great.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm not sure but almost sure that the flour deal was done by Phil and the clunker was actually a truck that was attached to the line in place of trap which was in response to the flour and executed by the hillstrands. They could perhaps be reversed and I could also be way off but I don't think I am. Sig is one serious cat and I don't remember him ever playing around like that. He is usually off catching crab while the rest of the fleet is engaging in such tomfoolery.

Just looked it up, it was the hillstrands that put the truck on the line and it was Phil that hoisted it to the surface. They also did the flour trick as well. Just FYI

9. OkieTigerTK

just a reminder, the new season of deadliest catch starts tonight. at 8 pm central time.

10. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

damn he already does not look right and it is months before he gets sick.