Rick Perry

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Either Perry or Romney will get the nomination. Romney is not out of it by any means. Bachmann could win the nomination but I don 't think she will. If she does, I doubt that he beats Obama but with the economy in danger of entering into a double-dip recession and Obama's popularity dropping even among liberals, anything can happen. November is a long ways off.

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Is this a fact or speculation? Is this political spin or the truth?

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Read up on Cameron Todd Willingham and decide.

He was convicted of starting a fire that killed his three children. The only problem is EVERY group that has looked over the facts has found the case for arson was suspect or non existent, and many experts have called the arson conclusion junk science.

Despite six independent reviewers, some hired by the Texas Attorney General's office, stating that the evidence didn't add up to arson Perry did not grant clemency, and when asked if he thought he executed an innocent man his response was "he was a wife beater."

Several reviews of the case facts were performed after the execution none found any evidence of arson.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Except for the jury.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Living in Texas for 10 yrs, I should probably know more about Perry. Sometimes he seems like a silly caricature from a futuristic SNL skit during election time. My hope for a GOP candidate that can impress both myself and middle America is all but faded.

Maybe that's to be expected in this day and age of each side continually ripping the other's rising stars. I had a somewhat favorable opinion of McCain until reading that cover story in The Rolling Stone ahead of the election.

6. SabanFan

Maybe you should select a few other sources of information before picking a candidate.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The jury only heard the fire investigator's report that said arson caused the fire. That is the report, that upon review by independent experts, was called junk science.

8. SabanFan

I did read a little about this and it appears that there should have been at stay so the report by Hurst could have been studied.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i also read about it a bit and i think the guy is guilty. either way it is a non-factor as far as perry is concerned. he terrible for lots of other reason. perhaps better than obama though.

10. SabanFan

Most States have a Commission of some sort that reviews these last minute things and the Governor will go by their recommendations. In this case, I don't think the commission gave the Hurst report the attention they should have. Still, unless we find out that Perry associated with known domestic terrorists, had a racist anti American preacher for 20 years, and in reality has no business or leadership experience whatsoever, I'll give him a pass.