Rick Perry

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 15, 2011.

1. LSUAthletics

LSUAthletics Founding Member

Yes I know. They are not good either.

It's not the only issue but by far the most important issue on voters minds.

Gallup's latest poll indicates only 23% of Independents approve of his handling of the economy and just 19% approve of his handling of the budget deficit. I specifically asked you about those two issues. You are part of this small minority so I'm curious why do you think your opinion in these two critical areas differ from that of 8 out 10 of your fellow Independents?

23% approval rating on the economy.

24% approval rating on job creation.

You gave reasons why you approve of Obama's handling of the economy. Fine. However, I'm asking for you to give your opinion why you think 80% of Independents disagree with you on his handling of the economy and the budget deficit.

Out of control spending, poor leadership, his anti business sentiment, Obamacare, class warfare, and tax increase proposals.

I don't know who Independents will vote for. It all depends on the economy and the Republican nominee but a true Independent will look at both candidates before deciding and will judge each on their own merits and not their party affiliation.

1 person likes this.
  2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

You have kicked my asz so often that I know I probably will never get a chance to say it so I wanted to know half aszed how it felt to say it. I think I may have got a tie once, maybe.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Sorry to tell you this but it's Barack who's losing the moderates. He's also losing some of his most loyal supporters because it turns out they had to make that mortgage and car payment out of their own pocket. Barry spent his stash elsewhere.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

So says you. It's not the only criteria by which people select preseidents and it wasn't the only issue that was polled, only the one that polled poorly. He polled better in all the others that you wish to ignore.

Yes you cherrypicked one issue but I'm not limited to discussing only where you want to drive the converstion to.

Who knows, who cares? I post my opinions here and I've stated them very often and very clearly, I even restated them in the last post because you are such a hit-and-run poster. You are caught up in a single issue on a single poll that you posted and are asking me to imagine and defend what other people on that poll must be thinking. Don't hold your breath.

So you fail to recognize positive GDP growth? Why? The polls have no effect on the real numbers.

So you fail to recognize positive employment growth? Why? The polls have no effect on the real numbers.

Look . . . I gave you my thoughts, my rationale, and my evidence for my position. If you are seriously asking me to expound on the thoughts of people I don't know, don't agree with, and who aren't here to speak . . . how naive can you get?

Of course, why would anybody suggest otherwise? :huh: I have voted for republicans, democrats, and independents many times. How many times have you voted for a non-republican?

5. red55

So you think independents and liberals will all go out and vote for Bachman now? Naivety runs rampant today.

6. SabanFan

Not necessarily. Liberals are going to vote for Obama because they would rather suffer economically than feel they are making a poor person starve. Most independants are going to vote for the GOP nominee, whoever that turns out to be.

And you are the naive one if you think Barack is sitting in the catbird seat. He is in big trouble.

7. red55

Not because you wish it. The right wing already has had to drop the Christian zealots to retain moderate support. The tea Party alienates more of the moderates than not. The anti-science agenda is not flying well with independents, either. And Obama has been revealed as a Centrist that doesn't cater to the far left.

Yeah, "generic Republican" has him shaking in his boots. :lol:

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Seven ways Rick Perry wants to change the Constitution | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

9. LSUAthletics

LSUAthletics Founding Member

So says the American people. Once again, the economy, job creation, and the budget deficit are obviously the most important issues.

Americans Want Congress, Obama to Tackle Economic Issues

I picked the top 3 issues. I think I asked a reasonable and fair question and that was why you were in disagreement with 80% of Independents when it came to the top 3 issues facing the country.

I never asked for your opinions regarding why you favor Obama. If you don't want to answer my question or don't want to speculate why 80% of Independents disagree with you regarding the top 3 issues that's your choice.

I recognize that GDP growth is anemic and deteriorating.

I recognize the unemployment rate to be 9.1% and the real unemployment rate to be over 16% if you count those that have given up looking.

Look. . . I'm a registered republican. I don't always agree with the republican party on all issues. However, if polls indicate that 80% of my fellow republicans disagreed with me on the presidents performance for the top 3 most critical issues facing the country today then I would seriously reevaluate my affiliation. I also believe I would feel quite confident why such a vast majority felt differently if that scenario ever materialized.

Never for a national election. Once or twice for a statewide/local election.

10. SabanFan

Most moderates are not as liberal as you.

The Obama spin machine has ensnared you hook, line and sinker.

Generic only until a nominee is selected.