Rick Perry

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 15, 2011.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Oh so true. He loves to play the game.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Perry's mouth is getting him into trouble with moderates. Calling the Federal Reserve Chairman a "traitor" reveals an ignorance of what a traitor is and slanderously irresponsible language for man that wants to be President.

This come on top of his comments that the military has no respect for their Commander in Chief, another irresponsible comment that disrespected the office of the President.

Now he's using some really foolish and accusatory language in an anti-global warming diatribe. Republican denial of science using Limbaugh rhetoric is turning off thinking people.

He may win the GOP nomination, but he'll never center himself enough to get elected.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's your view. Just because he doesn't sugar coat in order to curry favor with everybody, you call him irresponsible. What's irresponsible is Obama adding $4.1 Billion a day to the deficit and blaming congress while he plays golf at Martha's Vineyard and tools around low unemployment white neighborhoods in a Canadian made bus for 3 days.

1 person likes this.
  4. red55

Oh, yeah?

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So you were just parroting Karl Rove. I thought you came up with that yourself.

I often disagree with Rove. He's afraid the GOP is becoming too far right. It's a valid concern but fiscally, they need to be.

6. red55

When Karl Rove agrees with me, you may consider it to be a Supreme and Undeniable Truth

And you often disagree with me. You should seek the truth, like me and Darth Sidekick.

He knows, amigo. They are losing the moderates.

7. LSUAthletics

LSUAthletics Founding Member

Obama is too. Only 23% of Independents approve of his handling of the economy and just 19% approve of his handling of the budget deficit.

Since you are a self proclaimed Independent I'm curious if you would also include yourself with the near 80% of that group who disapprove with Obama's handling of these two major issues or are you in the small minority that still thinks he's doing a good job in these areas? If you are in that minority then why do you believe differently than 8 out of every 10 of your fellow Independents on the two most important political issues?

New Low of 26% Approve of Obama on the Economy

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Checkmate

9. red55

Did you compare that with their approval of Congress (13%) and the Tea Party (33%)?

The Gallup Poll says Obama has 44% approval from independents in 2011 to date. And the economy is not the only issue. he polls higher on other issues.

It's 56% who disapprove and that number changes, but its close to half, and yes I'm in the half that approves of how he's handled it.

I've given my reason why here many times, you should drop in more often and actually stick around for the debates. But basically The GDP is positive, not negative as it was when he inherited it. Employment is positive, not negative as he inherited it. The recession ended and did not turn into a depression. The stock market is way up from where it was.

Now why do you think he isn't handling it well?

Why do you think that independents will vote for republicans all leaning the the right extreme?.

10. red55

You really need to learn the game, Junior. :dis:

No one ever checkmated on the first move. If he did it would leave me with no other moves, which clearly ain't the case.