Rich Rod Fired !!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jan 4, 2011.

1. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

I'm new to the Baton Rouge area but not new to College Football. The three games I attended this year and mingling with the fans.. I got the feeling that the fan base hated Les Miles and that you guys would have been happy to see him leave and the local garbage man manage the team. Glad to see that some of the fans on this board at least have some love for the man that brought you a national championship.

Go Tigers

1 person likes this.
  2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Unfortunately for Mich that is what they offer, which could very well limit the candidates they might want. I know that if I was a candidate those would be big factors that prevent me from considering them. Now, the one thing we gotta take into consideration is that coaches thrive on challenges, it is one of the things that makes them tick. UM has a ton of them and it is going to take someone who is willing to risk what they have to go tackle them. As much as many of us take the approach of why would they leave their perfect set up they have now, take Miles for example, to go take on a program with major issues? Why would they leave a program that is set, locked and loaded, to go take on a rebuilding project? Why would someone like Miles or Harbaugh leave a program that they have built, or rebuilt, that they have all the recruits that they recruited, that have facilities out the ying yang?

Why, because taking on challenges and achieving is what they do. In UM’s case though, I don’t think either of the guys they want really want to step in right now. Harbaugh has a greater vision for himself, and Miles really likes where he is at. I also think that all the reasons I mentioned as questions why would coaches like them take on a job like UM are at the very heart of why they won’t. I think the 2 of them look at the UM job as a possible death sentence.

Which brings UM to Brady Hoke. Harbaugh and Miles are both HC’s at big time programs, making big time money. Neither of them are in need of recognition nor are the desperate to get to the upper echelon of the coaching ranks. Miles is already there, and Harbaugh has everyone and the NFL wanting to offer it to him, he has options. Brady Hoke is the perfect candidate and could turn that program around. He took a also ran SDSU and made them into a recognized program, in short order.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Oh, don't worry...there's PLENTY of Miles haters. They just haven't been around much due to a 10 win season ruining their platform. They'll be out en masse soon enough...especially if LSU doesn't beat the ever living crap outta TAMU.

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Miles to Meecheegan. Gus to Baton Rouge.

1 person likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think it's going to be Hoke. Former Lloyd Carr assistant, and that is because Harbaugh turns the job down.

I don't think Les will even be offered.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Congrats on your win, now go back home. Talk like that isn't welcome here.

7. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I hope Les does not go...I think we have a legit shot at the title next year.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Personally, I think that Michigan is probably still pretty butt-hurt about the way the Miles situation ended up last time. They're not used to being told "no", and I seriously doubt that they would risk having to endure the humiliation of being told "no" twice.

Further, as was mentioned above, no way he wants to inherit personnel built for the spread. . .unless he was taking Mr. Wannabe-a-spread-option-OC-half-the-time with him.

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

One thing to think about is miles is a family first man. He has young children in school that have grown up here. He will have a close look at how a move will affect them. We all know if momma's not happy nobody's happy. If mrs. Cathy likes it here and wants the kids to continue their life growing up in baton rouge then packing up and leaving may not be viable.

10. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever