Rich Rod Fired !!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

First of all, if any of these coaches are stupid enough not to have enough saved up for life, they get what they deserve.

Secondly, I WOULDN'T do the same. In fact, the smart thing to do is say 'no comment'. That way, you aren't lying...AND...you up the ante with your current employer.

Or you could just be a dick and say "I'm not going to be the coach at Alabama", knowing full well you're lying thru your teeth.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Word around UM is that if they take out the buyout they would of had a deal a few days ago. Harbaugh was open about wanting a shot at the NFL eventually and doesn't want a buyout in the way.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

If you say "no comment" it's the same as I'm looking. You wouldn't tell your present boss, there's this job out there I really want. If it doesn't work out I'll be back.

In college sports you have the added stress of giving said interview with millions of your favorite team's fanatics and obsessing media all waiting and watching for the white smoke to appear. BOT and boosters often take a very dim view of this harmless courtship. (See Bill Curry, flirtation with Kentucky for just one of many)

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Who's Bill Curry?

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Personally, I don't think one has to do with the other. That might just be me, though.

I hope Miles stays and I think he will stay, but I don't think Chavis' decision necessarily means Miles will stay or that Chavis' decision is predicated on any decision Miles makes.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Bullshyt. He lied to Oklahoma State about leaving when he came here.

During his last year at Oklahoma State and prior to the bowl game, there was rumor of him leaving for LSU. He told the team AND the media that he loved OSU and Stillwater and planned to stay there for a long time. Just a few days later, he resigns to go to LSU. He wanted to talk with the team after resigning and explain to them why he was leaving; the AD at OSU would not let him.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Yes, his answer there was very similar to what he has said here, but nowhere did he or does he come out and say, I am not leaving. Didn't do it then, isn't doing it now. He leaves the door open, but doesn't outright lie. It could be called a lie by deception though.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Which is, by your own admission, a lie. I think you meant lie of omission though.

And how's this for "similar":

:eek: :eek: At least he said "my football team" there. :lol:

Coaching distractions hampered Cowboys at 2004 Alamo Bowl | Tulsa World

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

A lie is a lie, I guess, but it's easier to say I never lied when you don't say something as direct as, "I am not taking the Bama HC job", and then 3 days later take the job.

10. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Amazing no matter what we are talking about the little guy from bama becomes part of the thread. For me I could care less what Bama does or what Saban thinks.

I enjoy thinking about beating Bama this year and thats the only thing about Bama I think about - beating them down and showing the world that the little guy is not all that!!!