Rich Rod Fired !!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jan 4, 2011.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

LOL, No I haven't but I hear he is a really nice guy. I agree though, he wouldn't post false information. He is a stand up guy and would only post what he is actually told or what he actually reads. He isn't one for spreading rumors or not telling it how it is. It is the sources fault for printing the wrong thing. Like I said in an earlier post Miles is quoted differently by 2 different sources. If the media can't get it right how are we supposed to.:wink:

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Damn Glenn Dildeaux.:lol: Always trying to get the edge with his quoting tactics.

I watched the interview and then just copy and pasted the 1st article I saw.

3. LEGACY TIGER

That's what you get for reading the gossip column.:lol:

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Yes. . .

People can rightfully question many things Les does on the field, but don't equate his character as to that of Nick Saban's. They're leagues apart. The entire reason he's been taking as much heat as he has lately is directly related to his dismissing questionable people from the team. Infact the worse thing you could say about Les is that he's sometimes too loyal to people.

I, for one, would be very sad to see Les go. He finally signs another good QB that can come in and make an impact and I'd be very interested to see what he can do with this team next year. The reason so many people hate on Les is the reason people love him too. He's the mad hatter. Sometimes he does crazy stupid stuff, but he also wins games he shouldn't have. He's a great recruiter, a mentor to the kids, and has improved the graduation rate of football players while at LSU. He's a stand-up human and a good role-model for our players and the youth of Louisiana. A person children can aspire to be like.

There might come a time when LSU and Miles needs to part ways, but if he left now, LSU would be worse off without him. He's built a NC caliber team for next year.

1 person likes this.
  5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Please link the quote when Miles said "I will not be the Michigan coach"...if you find it, it will be from 2007.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A lie is a lie and Les is far more honest than Nick. You cannot even compare the two responses with a straight face. Have you no shame at all? "An unfortunate way of expressing yourself"? Is that how you define a lie in Alabama now?

Coaches try to avoid lying and they make these cheesy statements about liking their job and the family is happy . . . and no one believes them, for good reason. But Nick was different. He was asked a direct question and he could have answered it three ways.

He could have said "I have no comment on the Alabama job", which would have been smart.

He could have said "I am considering the Alabama offer", which would have been truthful.

He could have said "I'm not going to be the coach at Alabama", which was a lie. One which has cost him a great deal of credibility and you know this.

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

So you expect Coach Miles to truthfully say: yes, no, I haven't decided?

8. LEGACY TIGER

Not necessarily, but he most definitely wouldn't do what Saban did, and that is to outright lie. Miles, if he was leaving, unfortunately, would give an answer similar to what he just gave. The answer he gave, if he leaves wouldn't be considered a lie, because no where in it does he without conviction say one way or the other. He just hints that he isn't leaving, but leaves the door open in case UM makes him an offer he can't refuse.

Here's to those of us who want him to stay that what he did say was his I am going nowhere meaning.

9. TUSKtimes

What you just described as a "cheesy statement" on behalf of the collective coaches of america is just a conglomeration of misdirecting, verbal confusing, lack of honesty. In short a lie. Trying to compare Saban and Miles on this one, you might as well be explaining how someone is just a little bit pregnant. Some may work at it harder than others but each produced the same results.

10. TUSKtimes

So Saban's first response did not leave the door open. Alabama must have believed the door was closed, they hired RichRod. He accepts the offer then tells them no. We go back to knock on a closed door. The door opens. What's the problem?