Rich Rod Fired !!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jan 4, 2011.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Again, Bhelm didn't misquote anything. The article misquoted Miles. Bhelm quoted the article verbatim.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I agree. If mrs. Cathy wants to be here and wants her KIDS to be raised here Les will stay here. Miles is a family man and if his family is happy here then he will be happy to stay here but if Mrs. Cathy says let's go then he is out of here.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I know that is why I said, not his fault. That was what I was pointing to. Now don't start being one of those guys who only reads some of the posts.:wave:

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Chavis and Miles are saying the same schlock that all coaches say when they are being considered for a job . . . "I like the job I have" and "my family is very happy here".

You can bet that both consider offers from time to time. And sooner or later they take one.

Neither coach has outright stated that he's not leaving LSU this year. And even then it means nothing. Paul Deitzel said that he was never leaving LSU two years before he did just that. Nick Saban said that he was not going to be the head coach at Alabama and that was a lie, too.

After the experience in 2007, I would expect Les to state outright that he is staying at LSU before the bowl game if he intends to stay at LSU and is not interested in Michigan. He hasn't done that. Michigan is smart enough this time to wait until after the bowl before contacting Les.

But if Michigan comes asking again, I think Les is gone.

6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I disagree with the bold, but fortunately I don't think we'll ever find out. Hoke has a clause in his contract that will allow him to leave for Michigan without a buy out. Meanwhile, we all know about Les's contract and his rather high buy out figure.

Hoke will probably be the next HC at Michigan.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What's a million and a half to Michigan? They paid $2.5 million to buy out Rodriguez. In fact what's a million and a half to Les? He's made about $16 million at LSU. The buyout will not be the reason that Les stays or goes.

if Les stays it is because he wants to play and recruit at the highest levels, here in the SEC, where he has been successful. If Les goes, it is because he has done everything that he can do at LSU and is looking for a new challenge before retiring at his alma mater.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I got it...just wasn't sure everyone would...and I don't want BHelm to appear to have been slandered by me. You ever seen the guy?? :eek:

Me neither. :lol:

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I hate to say it but I have the feeling les is gone. Not that I want him to but he is already rich and has a nc and the last thing on his list would be to lead mich to greatness. It would be the achievement of his lifetime to win the bcsnc with mich and have his name as a great mich coach added next to his mentor and hero Bo S. Unless mrs. Cathy says no he's gone

10. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

It was more an unfortunate way of expressing yourself that came directly from a poorly framed question. If the reporter had said, could you ever see yourself coaching football at the University of Alabama in your lifetime, I think his answer would have been much more thought out and satisfying. You realize these coaches are merely using abstract thought as they paint these various shades of gray? Is Les being anymore honest?