REVISIT: Why did we lose to Florida & Auburn in Football?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TenTexLA, Apr 30, 2007.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

even my greenie husband believes that. a greenie for god's sake! and it wasn't just an "agree with her for self preservation" thing.:hihi:

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i like that you know the difference.

wait a minute, does my wife know the difference???:shock:

3. LSUtiger327

I don't think the Gaytors played harder. when you spot another team 5 turnovers and that team only wins by 13 at their place, it probably means you both were pretty evenly matched.

LSU actually scratched and clawed to make it a game but the mistakes were too much.

1 person likes this.
  4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Is this really a fact. I have heard from many that it was a bad snap and JR never got the ball. Does anyone want to find a link or some footage to put this to rest. I tried but failed.

5. LSUtiger327

i heard that it was the center's fault but the c-qb exchange is so quick who knows?

i'll go one further though and say the turning point was the fumbled kickoff in the 2nd half. i thought that was the play that really killed us.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The center said that it was his fault, he snapped the ball early & JaMarcus never even got his hands on it.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Right, a fumble on the snap is always the centers fault. Unless it is in a shotgun and the QB is caught looking up field before getting the ball in his hands.

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Even if said QB is Aaron Brooks. :grin:

9. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

Gosh, you guys keep complaining...
    JR didnt FUMBLE!! Go look at the game tape, he never touched the ball, watch some replays.
    As for the Auburn game, I cant believe you complain about one thing out of a tousand things that cost us the game. Why does Russell have to be blamed but not his O-Line that never gave him protection all through out the game, and never created holes for the RBs. Why dont you complain about the RBs not being able to break tackles and put on some yards. Why dont you complain about the play calling and running the ball although it was ineffective. Why dont you complain about our kickers and the fact that we could have won the game if we had a kicker that can kick 50 yard FGs.
    Please Tiger fans, stop this "non-sense" complaining. sh*t happens in games, and its never the responsibility of ONE person. I hope you guys can give Flynn a break next year and not be all over him by the second game of the season.

10. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

btw, JR has one of the best snap handling abilities you can see. Look at the Arizona game when he was in the shotgun and the ball was thrown 4 feet to his left, or the Auburn game where the ball was very low he had to bend and get it.