Republicans just officially declared that women have no dominion over their own bodies

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Deep red Kansas says hello, 59% to 41%.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Proving that this is not a right/left issue, despite how the media tries to politicize it as such.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. Tiger in NC

truth is about 60% of Americans support the right to an abortion on some level or another. you are correct that it is not a right/left issue....it's a religious issue for the 40% of Americans who want to see it outlawed altogether.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Wrong again. Its a states issue as the SC clearly addressed.

5. Tiger in NC

The SC said the issue will be addressed at the state level so each state can choose for themselves. Regardless of where it will be addressed, the issue spans the entire country and make no mistake about it, it's religious people who have driven the efforts to overturn Roe v Wade. They brag about it openly.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Link?

Because plenty of religious sluts get abortions.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This is a common tactic I think. Misrepresent the actual "issue".

Its about considering when the Baby is worth protecting and when its ok to kill the baby.

I, for an example, dont go to church and I think killing babies is not OK. I dont need to hide behind anything else. Has nothing to do with religion.

Also, the SC did not reference religion once so......

It doesnt matter if most people who agree that abortions are wrong "also" are religious.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  8. Tiger in NC

thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy of those religious sluts, you help make my point. I'm not linking anything because you'll just call into question the validity of whatever I post and use it as an excuse to try and change the subject.

No misrepresentation (the actual spelling of the word) here. The actual issue isn't disputed...whether we allow a woman to terminate a pregnancy and/or what circumstances should we allow it legally. This is the issue. My point was about the people who are taking sides and the decades long efforts of the religious right to overturn Roe v Wade.

It is also about considering the health of the mother. I personally do not agree with elective abortions after a certain point. I do not know enough medically to say what that point should be but I would say a woman should have 30 days after she finds out she is pregnant to make that decision. I am far more concerned with procedures such as DNC's that are considered abortions where a life has already passed and is nothing but poison to the woman's body or when the life of the mother is in question, in which case imo that decision should be between her family, faith, doctors and herself if possible. Not the federal government.

Good for you.

didn't have to

Well, you've just rebuked yourself and admitted that my original statement where I said that this entire conversation about overturning Roe v Wade has been driven by religious people is correct. You anecdotally told me that I was incorrrect because you are not religious so my statement must not be true. Now, you clearly admit that most people who agree that abortions are wrong are religious.

Next.....

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This logic would suggest that most black people are criminals going off FBI data. In a way, our crime is "driven by blacks". While true in single set data, the actual issue is much deeper. For example, I could point to abortion increases that correlate with black violent criminals. Therefore, most people opposed to abortion are also trying to help blacks and has nothing to do with religion. You see, it is arbitrary to make spurious correlations.

Also, you spelled Incorrect* wrong. Make sure you spell your words right when correcting* people.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What percent of abortions directly save the mother? Or are you just repeating unsubstantiated nonsense?