Republicans Republicans chances of winning Senate majority continue to brighten

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Aug 11, 2014.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Now that we have Shane's viewpoint out of the way, Islam is a religion that breeds terrorists. Jihad is written into the Koran and the Koran is interpreted and preached by radicals in every Islamic country and Western 'free country' and that is why Islamic extremism is so widespread today.

Liberals set aside their principled beliefs by ignoring the fundamentalism in Islam that suppressed freedom of speech, freedom of religion (or from religion), women's rights, and gay marriage to name a few.

Liberals should be the most vocal against Islamic extremism. Many of y'all liken conservative ideology as extreme, oppressive, and woman hating. Sound familiar?

In case a person was wanting out of the religion, this would be the price to pay:

[​IMG]

tirk likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What are you laughing at? Is bin Ladin dead? Are about 30 other top Al Qaeda leaders dead? Are we hitting them hard in the mountain hideouts in Pakistan? Have they committed another 9/11? It's not about political rhetoric. It's about action and Obama has taken it. It annoys the knee-jerk conservatives that their efforts to portray democrats as easy on terror is simply bullshit. So they complain about his terminology. Lol.

It needing shifting. Bush screwed up relations in the Middle East for decades with his rash rhetoric. Can you be so blind as to not realize that we have many important muslim allies? Allies that fought with us in 1991 on the ground. Allies that allow us to have bases in their countries and overfly others. Allies that are now fighting ISIS. How do you think they feel when some foolish Republican declares a war on Islam. Doesn't it make more sense to target the terrorists rather than all muslims including Turks, Kurds, and Jordanians?

You are bad about not citing the source and context of the things you quote. Is this from FOXnews per chance?

Here is Obamas National Strategy for Counterterrorism. Which part of it do you find to be soft on terror?

It matters little to you, I can see. It matter a lot in terms of international geopolitics. War on Islam is a really stupid thing and completely unwinnable. We have muslim allies out there and they are vitally important to our military reach and effectiveness.

That's not what he said, you know. I have pointed this out to you before, but you just ignored it.

You will find his remarks in context here . .. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/01/27/going-the-distance-2

"In the 2012 campaign, Obama spoke not only of killing Osama bin Laden; he also said that Al Qaeda had been ‘decimated.’ I pointed out that the flag of Al Qaeda is now flying in Fallujah, in Iraq, and among various rebel factions in Syria; Al Qaeda has asserted a presence in parts of Africa, too."

Obama responded: "The analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if a jayvee team puts on Lakers uniforms that doesn’t make them Kobe Bryant."​

He never once mentioned ISIS. He was referring to the small terror groups around the Middle east that called themselves "Al Qaeda affiliates" like in Yemen and Somalia and among the Syrian rebels. ISIS broke ranks with Al Qaeda and does not fly the Al Qaeda flag. They have not been attacking Americans around the world, they have been focused on creating a country in parts of Syria and Iraq.

3. red55

Absolutely. But jihad is not preached by most muslims, only the radicals, as you point out.

Nobody defends suppression of human rights, but that is not limited to the muslim world. It exists in the third world everywhere. Why waste our resources going after millions of people that are not our enemies when we can focus our efforts on the radicals who are? Especially since we have many muslim allies in this fight.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

bin laden was effectively "dead" for a long time. He was nothing more than a figurehead seen on videos. In truth he was a money laundering goat phucker who was used by both sides. I am not even convinced that he was killed during the raid. Perhaps he was killed in the mountains of Tora Bora and the raid was nothing more than a flashy show to make America look victorious. Where did we get all the information about the alleged raid? Tell me now....does ST6 ever use helo's with the kind of mileage that the one we left behind had? Hell no. Alleged participants claim it was ST6 Red....but that isn't in their scope. That was a Gold team type of mission.

Anyway, the point is that despite strong talk after being elected, we are still engaged, fighting, wasting money and lives while innocents are getting their heads cut off.

Relations were screwed long before Dubya. Talk to his daddy about that. I don't think they give a shit who we declare war on. The extremists hate us and they always will. The cowards don't care to fight and they never will.

CNN, Fox, HuffPo.

Are we or are we not still engaged, still deployed, still spending time, money, resources on the Middle East? Did the President not get caught with his pants down a bit by not taking ISIS more seriously? He's admitted as much himself.

tirk and LSUTiga like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its very suspicious the way they "buried his body at sea." I think bid Laden was probably killed years before when whatever mountain cave he was hiding in was bombed. If the body they had was really him why wouldn't they keep it to proove to the world that it was him?

StaceyO likes this.
  6. red55

Oh, Geez. Bin ladin was just a poor misunderstood guy, not the leader of Al Qaeda until the day he died. Oh wait, he wasn't killed in that raid. He was killed year earlier at Tora Bora by George Bush. Seal Team six doesn't use advanced helicopters and never conducted a raid.

OK, I'd like to see you prove any of this nonsense. Put up or shut up.

This is a non-answer to the question. Are you or are you not aware that we have many muslim allies in the Middle East and even in NATO? Are you or are you not aware that we depend on these allies for bases, overflight rights, and military support in the region? Can you not see that waging war on all Islam is counter-productive to waging a directed war specifically on terrorists?

There has not been a time in 200 years that we have not done so. Such is the life of a Superpower. "...to the shores of Tripoli"?

Quote?

Are we not taking ISIS seriously?

7. red55

Where did you come up with this revisionist history? What credible person has any evidence whatsoever of this ridiculous story? I am waiting for this one . . .

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I wa suspicious as soon as I heard they dumped the body overboard. Its likely nobody will ever proove it wasn't bin Laden but if it was him why did they dunp the body instead of showing it to the world?

9. red55

Obviously, because nobody wanted his body be an icon or his tomb to be shrine for anti-American Jihadists. We had the evidence we needed that this was the guy and that he was dead. Now he is crab shit on the bottom of the Arabian Sea where he belongs.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If it was him they could have disposed of the body any way they wanted after it had been examined for DNA in a public manner. After the world was convinced it was really him they could have fed him to pigs for all I care.