News Report: Miles heavily involved in offense, often changes plays or calls them in big games

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Strength, Nov 23, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Shit negro, even if he did there is no way Les is giving him the freedom to do so. I honestly believe that's what the problem has been since 2008. Les allowed Jimbo to run the offense in 05 and 06. In 07 Les allowed Crowton to run the offense, as well as 08 until Jefferson was put in, from then on its been the Les Miles show. I would bet my life that because we all reacted the way we did and started calling for his head a year removed from winning a championship Les decided that if he is gonna get fired he is gonna go down doing it his way. And here we are. No change. It's the same offense it's been, through 3 different coordinators. A few plays added a few removed. Les has his offensive philosophy and his plays. It's dumbed down so much that it completely relies on a power running game to set up play action. When the QB is relied upon to win games, unless it's a guy like Zach who is a pro style guy who can look off defenders and go through his progressions, it ain't gonna work. There is nothing wrong with running the ball 70 percent of the time if your QB has a completion percentage in the mid to high 60's. Teams will respect the fact that LSU could throw. They haven't in all but 1.5 seasons since 2008. So in games where we play weaker opponents it's imperative that LSU works on the passing game. They don't and when it's needed it doesn't work.

Kal-El012 likes this.