Report: LSU officials ignored sexual assault complaints against Guice, other football players.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Nov 16, 2020.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

also from tos:

re: USA Today: LSU mishandled sexual complaints against students, including top athletesPosted on 11/16/20 at 9:51 am to RT1941
    [​IMG]
    quote:
    Early in the spring 2016 semester, a member of the LSU diving team told her coach and an athletic department administrator that Guice raped her friend after she’d passed out drunk at a party.
    This girl wouldn't cooperate or file a complaint. Also states that she doesn't remember the incident. Not sure what LSU could really do in that case.

quote:
    Then, in April 2017, the athletic department received reports of a second rape allegation against Guice, this time by a women’s tennis player.

Victim's dad told the tennis coach and the tennis coach allegedly stated that she didnt believe the victim.

They also made a Title IX report which is what I'm assuming this statement is referring to but didnt name Guice in the report.

tzanghi likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The report sure seems to only provide one side of the story. Why can’t these people present facts rather than pushing a narrative?

shane0911 likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm saying, if we know what discipline was taken against the other guys, but not Guice and Delpit, then it looks suspicious. The list kcal referred to indicates that some weren't disciplined at all because charges were dropped. If that's the case, fine, but we haven't heard anything about the status of charges against those two.

4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

A lot of chatter about this on Twitter.
    Wonder if this matter is contributing to negative team issues this season. Makes sense if so.

5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

All i can say is if i had a sister and something like that happened to her Guice Davis or any other SOB would be found in the swamps inside a gator in 50 different parts.

I consider this a disgrace to LSU.

People have rights but if you commit a crime of any kind being a football player shouldnt matter one bit.

There was something like this that happened at the college i went to and it was covered up.Of coarse it was 3 starting players and the girl wouldnt press charges.

One of the players was kicked off the team and while everyone was at practice he stole the master key from the RA at our dorm and went through all the rooms stealing items worth value . He stole a TV from me and my brother and numerous other items from alot of other rooms. Then hauled ass back to his hometown.

That worthless piece of crap is probably in Angola or killed trying to rob a liquor store.

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

And water down their journalistic right to sensationalize everything and trigger outrage?

ehusson80 and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. furduknfish

Its real easy (lazy) to paint everything with the same brush. Would be wrong to assume every incident is the same. Thats how the social outrage justice operates. Every cop is racist and every black person killed is a criminal. The truth lies with individual accountability.

8. furduknfish

These days, it would seem fairly smart to record said encounters out of caution, especially if you are of noteworthy prominence. The sharing part he should have skipped...

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

title 9 is bullshit. this is all legal shit that should not be dealt with by any university. this is stuff for cops, not university admins who should have nothing to do with it.

tzanghi likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

leroy7500, HalloweenRun and tzanghi like this.