Reopening Clinton Email Investigation

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, May 13, 2017.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

What point? "I'm saying if it was serious to involve the FBI in July......" isn't a complete nor coherent sentence. I'm not asking for grammatical correctness, just to understand what the hell your driveling today.

2. Tiger in NC

Until we know the whole story it is hard to say what laws were broken. In fairness I should day, if any were broken. But that said, Bob Mueller has broad authority and virtually unlimited resources to conduct his investigation. This means that he will be looking into the election and if there was possible collusion but he will also, and perhaps more importantly, be looking into Trump's business dealings as they pertain to Russian Oligarchs. He will have the power to subpoena Trump's tax records and dig into every aspect of his dealings.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

So it's less about this election crap and more about get Trump at all cost.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Sounds like sour grapes to me

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So Russia go information illegally. The media does that all day everyday.

You guys are right. There is collusion in this country.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yes. It's really about his taxes.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

What reason or leave does Mueller have to go intTrump's business before he was a candidate or elected. That and his tax returns are witch hunt territory.
    The question is did the Trump campaign collude with the Russians to gather and release DNC/HRC emails to influence the election. If the Russians just hacked and dumped without any contact or communication and the Trump campaign used it there is no crime to prosecute. BTW I'm not saying one or the other occurred and am eager to find out. As I've said many times if collusion happened it's treason and I want it exposed and punished.
    That being said you of all people should not want a witch hunt that looks into every book and cranny. Didn't you bemoan the last 8 years of continuous investigation????

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Thats why it started. The campaign ended in November. The people in question were captured in surveillance before that. Trump specifically was never brought up. Flynn was ALREADY cleared by the FBI.

SO, after the election, Obama dumped this information. Now? It is a a true hunt for his taxes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.ef080ce1e425

9. Tiger in NC

Not at all. The investigation will look into Trump's ties with Russia whether that means financial, political or both.

10. Tiger in NC

But that is the spot Trump has left himself in by not cooperating with the congressional or FBI investigations. He has tried to derail those investigations at every turn. Devin Nunes could tell you all about it. So could Jason Chaffetz. Especially James Comey. The only reason we have a special prosecutor is because Trump was obstructing all other investigations into the very questions we need answers to. That being said, please recall when Ken Starr went after Clinton for Whitewater but ended up on Monica Lewinsky. When you do not cooperate and especially if you leave doubt as to whether you are trying to sabotage an investigation, you get a special prosecutor who can now basically look into everything Trump has ever done. I would add that Whitewater was also a "past" scandal for the Clinton's.

That is one question. The other is what part, if any, did Trump's business dealings in Russia play a part? To try and investigate one without the other is a fools game because they are intrinsically related.

Agreed.

You are trying to create a moral equivalent here and there simply isn't one. Obama never did anything that rises anywhere close to what is alleged against Trump and his associates. When HRC was under investigation she cooperated fully with it, didn't impede it and allowed the FBI to finish their investigation. This is a different ball game, Winston, and I think you know it.

To be clear, if the man did nothing wrong then by all means let's move on from this. But he sure does act guilty.