Remembering my first car

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by goldengirlfan, Nov 13, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Their known as "classics". :eek: :thumb:

2. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

First truck was an 88' Toyota pickup, purchased for $2000 from dad in 93' with 30,000 miles on it. Drove it like i stole it through my teenage years. Finally sold it in 01' with 198,000 miles on it for $2000. Had to get and extracab for the kids, but since then I have upgraded.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

My swim trip looked a little more like this.
    View attachment 8018

Not quite this bad, but that's about the angle I went in. Nose first, the 2 front doors almost completely submerged. I climbed out through the back door, and immediately began trying to come up with an excuse as to why me and my jeep were soaked. Unfortunately, a white car with blue lights on the roof stopped by and interrupted my train of thought for a while.

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Why on Earth would you buy that?
    Nope, that doesn't answer it. :hihi:
    That is an awesome looking truck!

My first car was a 1985 Mazda RX-7...had about 116K miles on it, with a rebuilt engine. I dearly loved that car, but everything on it was breaking so I had to get rid of it. I had a two year old inspection sticker, since I had cracked the exhaust pipe in about the middle of the car, so when I cranked it, smoke would billow out of all 4 sides of the car (rotary engine, burning off a bit of oil.) I jumped it over the train tracks at Nicholson/Brightside, completely left the ground, and the landing apparently cracked that pipe. :bncry:

It was this model, but without the fancy wheels and shiny paint.
    [​IMG]

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

1978 Cobra II...One of three Cobras at our High School in 1983. The other two were 77's. Everyone knew me becasue of that car.

[​IMG]

I totaled it right in front of the lab school coming home from a class project meeting in the Union. :(

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

ok, now that's a sweet car.

7. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

hard to believe that my cavalier has more horsepower than the 302 they put in those things. stupid smog rules

8. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Yea...it wasn't fast by any means. In fact it had a V6 in it when I bought it. Swap a 302 from a Gran Torino and it really got up then. A guy at school had a 280Z and I beat him one day from a stoplight run. He was pissed...:hihi:

Of course my Stang now it just a little bit quicker.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I had a 70 Mach 1 Mustang as my first car. it was a four speed big block car.

I been hooked ever since.

I was trying to find a picture of it, but I'm in Birmingham this week so I'll just have to find one to post. The one in the pic wasnt mine....mine was candy red, sweet :cool: very similar though except this one isnt a mach 1 in the pic but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Good to know I'm not the only idiot.......