Remembering my first car

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by goldengirlfan, Nov 13, 2006.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I wasn't referring to the Mustang. :lol:

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

around 1994 or so my parents bought a 1977 mg. i crashed and destroyed it. after that i had a nissan sentra, which was much less fun. i also had a tercel, which was stolen by crackheads, then recovered in rural LA and returned to me with crack paraphernalia and a spectacular new stereo in it.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

My first car was a 1990 Mitsubish Mirage. I got this car in 1998 after my older sister had driven it to crap. I think in the previous 8 years of its existance the oil may have been changed twice. The car eventually crapped out in 1999 with well over 200,000 miles and NWO spray painted on the dashboard. My next car was a 1998 Nissan Maxima. That car was incredibly awesome. I got a really good deal on it. I finished paying it off in April of 2004. In May of 2004 the car was parked in my friends drive way when someone ran off the road and crashed into my car. Somehow the person was able to drive away from the scene of the crime. I now have a 2003 Buick LeSabre. That's French for the sabre. I am the youngest person in the world who drives a LeSabre.

4. LSU CamelToe

LSU CamelToe Founding Member

A 1984 Nissan Maxima... Looked like a box and it would talk to you saying crap like your right door is ajar... It had over 100k miles when i got it and i drove it till 220k then got rid of it. Very ugly car but served its purpose.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i make this chris farley joke all the time with spanish words, and nobody ever likes it. they think i am actually trying to explain to them an actual translation. i dunno if that is a reflection of how dumb my friends are, or how pedantic i am, explaining obvious things to everyone.

6. LSUsupaFan

That joke is pretty much the main reason I bought the car. That and 0% financing and no money down.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My first vehicle was a 1956 GMC pickup which I bought for $200 one day after getting my drivers license in 1970. The truck was only a year younger than I was and had two replacement body parts that were each a different color. My Dad had just finished restoring an antigue tractor and he had about a gallon of John Deere yellow paint left over, so I thinned it down, fired up the compressor and painted the truck John Deere yellow. Everybody could see me coming.

The shifter kept jumping out of third gear, so I had a notched stick that I could prop against the dashboard to keep it in high gear. I drove that sucker all through high school and sold it for $200 before buying the $600 1963 Chevy panel truck that was my hippie-van in college. I painted that one Ford Tractor Blue . . . I always was a cheapskate.

8. LSUsupaFan

Get with the times. Its Case New Holland Blue.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

1984 Jeep Cherokee. The most loyal sumb!tch I ever saw. I accidently took her swimming one time, and after letting her dry out a little bit, she was good as new. Took a little while to get the smell out though.

10. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

94 Jeep Wrangler (YJ)...paid $4000 for it and dumped about $20,000 into over a 4 year period...that was upgrades and fixes.