Regular season

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Sep 11, 2023.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

snatched defeat from the jaws of victory once again…

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That's the agony of being a Saints fan

shane0911 and kcal like this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Bucs 26, Saints 9

I had my granddaughters in for the day so I didn't watch live, and once I heard a few comments about the game, didn't bother watching the DVR. From what I hear, the Saints are rapidly becoming to offense what LSU has become to defense.

fanatic likes this.
  4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

As I just said about the LSU defense in the Tigers forum, I am going to reverse that for the Saints and say, I can’t stand watching the Saints’ offense, so I mostly don’t.

5. mctiger

Saints 34, Patriots 0

Worst home defeat in Patriots' franchise history. Everything has to be taken with a grain of salt; the Pats are b-a-d baaaad. Liked winning the TO battle 3-0, including the first defensive TD of the season (Honey Badger took what he wanted). Couple of sacks, Carl Granderson is having absolutely no new contract-hangover. Nice to get Adebo back. Special teams, Grupe hit twice from 50+, and the punter stuck a couple in the red zone. Offensively, I'm not fooled. Kamara and Miller did a nice job, Thomas is staying healthy and getting back to form, but I lose more faith in Carr every week. He holds the ball too long and just won't push it downfield. Most of his completions are less than 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. I need to pay more attention to the blocking as its happening; it could be that we're not getting enough receivers into the pattern because we're helping the line.

6. mctiger

Texans 20, Saints 13

Aaaand, that's why I said I wasn't fooled last week, but sure seems like a lot of members of the New Orleans Saints were fooled. Looked like most of the team sleepwalked through most of this one, almost as if they thought they'd run out on the field and the Texans would roll over and die. Three trips into the red zone in the fourth quarter yield no points? Play calling in the red zone is atrocious. Defensive effort...well, I've got a pretty good vocabulary, but I can't come up with an adjective form for the word "pussies." The coaching is what it is, unacceptable. Now you've got a short week to get ready for a national TV game against an up-and-coming Jacksonville team, and both starting offensive tackles got hurt yesterday. Haven't heard anything about Hurst, but Ramczyk is a likely concussion and I don't see him playing Thursday (not that he's made a difference when he has played).

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

was hard to watch…. switched to redzone pretty early…

8. mctiger

Red Zone was the hardest part to watch.

fanatic likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly. We should've kept the Red Rifle and spend the money elsewhere, because they seem to be the same QB. Both could get us to the red zone, but not the end zone.

10. mctiger

Its not the QB, its the OC. Saw a film breakdown of the final drive yesterday. When we got to 1st and 10 in the red zone, we ran four consecutive plays with a 3x1 WR set, and all 4 WRs ran straight down the field. Then we threw to the one on the outside. Four times, virtually the exact same play. We had a time out, could have tried to throw to the middle of the field and go for a first at least once. The guy who coached my son in flag football when he was 8 was a better play caller.